586,217 active members*
2,829 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New Laser / Winter

Hey All,
    I've had my new (first) machine for a couple of weeks, and things have gone remarkably well. After getting a few driver issues figured out, was up and running, Alignment was even really close to spot on. I got the MT3050D from morntech via morntech USA. As things are cooling down here in Portland, Or. I need a little advice to keep my new friend happy. I had to put it in my external garage (uninsulated). I have read about antifreeze in the water mix, I have a heavy blanket over it when not in use. Is there anything I am overlooking (short of a heater running at all times. Many thanks, and here's a picture.[IMG][/IMG]

nice looking machine.

If you want something that would be sufficient to prevent freezing but is less than a heater, you might consider a heating pad. I'm not sure I'd use one meant for people, although that would probably work as well, but the homebrew store sells small pads to wrap around a carboy of beer/cider/etc that would be pretty safe to leave wrapped around your laser under the blanket. They're cheap and don't draw much electricity, certainly less than a heater.

Nice machine! I've been looking at buying one of those myself. How long did it take for you to get it? What operating system are you running with it? What operating software does it come with. If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for it? Thanks

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 98vert View Post
    Nice machine! I've been looking at buying one of those myself. How long did it take for you to get it? What operating system are you running with it? What operating software does it come with. If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for it? Thanks

Rob

Software compatibility: MS.Windows XP, VISTA, 7.
    Corel Draw 12,X3,X4.X5, AutoCAD plugins for direct engraving
    MornTech LASER OEM software

MorntechUSA.com for more info and prices

morntech

thinking about buying one of these. live in corvallis, oregon and would love to speak with you about how yours has worked. particularly about the glass tube and how it seems to hold up. RECI i presume?