586,922 active members*
3,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > VCR Compatible gas ports

Hybrid View

VCR Compatible gas ports

Hello All,

I've got a print in front of me that calls out a 1/2" VCR compatible, and a 1/4" VCR compatible. The print doesn't say that they're gas ports but the only things I can find online refer to gas ports and they appear to be ports of some type. There appears to be a bead of some type at the bottom of the ports but there are no dimensions given. When I asked the customer for more information, he said "Oh they're just standard VCR ports" and didn't want to discuss it further.

Does anybody know where I can get dimensions for these ports?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

The VCR page...
    VCR® Metal Gasket Face Seal - Swagelok

Btw, the fittings are WAY easier and cheaper to buy prefab, and then weld into place.

Hi Fizzissist,

Thanks for your quick reply. Looking at the Swagelok pages confirmed that we're talking about the same general thing. I really wasn't clear enough about what I'm looking for.

The part I'm looking at is a block of 316L SS. The customer wants me to machine holes in this block which they have labeled 1/2" VCR Compatible and 1/4" VCR compatible. I can only assume that they intend to install fittings such as the ones you can see on the Swagelok website into the block. The cutaway views on my drawing are graphically similar to the cutaway views on the female fittings seen on the website but both the website and this drawing lack dimensions for everything but the most general like overall length and thru hole size. I'll have to keep looking or no-quote the part.

Thanks Again for your help!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by ttieuli View Post
    Hi Fizzissist,

Thanks for your quick reply. Looking at the Swagelok pages confirmed that we're talking about the same general thing. I really wasn't clear enough about what I'm looking for.

The part I'm looking at is a block of 316L SS. The customer wants me to machine holes in this block which they have labeled 1/2" VCR Compatible and 1/4" VCR compatible. I can only assume that they intend to install fittings such as the ones you can see on the Swagelok website into the block. The cutaway views on my drawing are graphically similar to the cutaway views on the female fittings seen on the website but both the website and this drawing lack dimensions for everything but the most general like overall length and thru hole size. I'll have to keep looking or no-quote the part.

Thanks Again for your help!

Tony
    Thru hole sizes for the VCR tubes are just big enough for the part to slip-fit thru, the end of the tube flush with the back face of the part/flange, and welded there, not where the fitting enters the part. In vacuum, you get a virtual leak by welding on the fitting side, not a good thing.

Get the parts first, or look up the OD of the tube w/tolerance and make the hole a couple of thou larger. It doesn't need to be a tight fit, and won't be if the tube isn't round....and they usually ain't.