586,307 active members*
3,584 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Must Read for All

I ran across this in my internet adventures and thought ya'll might like to get in on the deal...Check it out.. :wee:

http://www.x-cad.net

Here are some good sources to show its not a joke..

http://xcad.thomasnet.com/

http://www.sketchup.com/forum/read.p...53#reply_28825

http://www.cadwire.net/commentary/?40521

http://www.aecnews.com/news/2005/06/02/1034.aspx

oops ....I just saw another post for this sorry for the double post Al_The_Man

I registered for this giveaway a couple of weeks ago, and have not received any spam because of it. At only 57,000 registrations and only 27 days to go, I don't think they are going to get 100,000.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yeh, I gave it a go, just made sure I used my spam account though.

If anyone needs a Gmail invitaion to set up a spam account Just post your email addy in this thread with an (at) instead of a @ and I will send you an invitaion.
    I must say the google accounts are extremely, actually, EXTREMELY good. If you do get one dont watse it. My Gmail account is the number one account I use these days.

I'll try it:

pollockATnetnitco.net
    Patrick;
    The Sober Pollock

Pat I just sent you an invite, You can also retrive the emails from your email handler like outlook if you want. Or just use it as an online mailbox. once you start to use it a bit, and see how well it catches spam without accidently deleting the wrong email, youll start to really like it.

just watching it over the last hour here at 5oclock peak hour . There are 654 hours to go. We would need 63 hour and it got total of 63 this hour? (5:10 to 6:10)

maybe a fake counter? would have to watch it more to see but no matter what if i had to guess it's not going to hit 100k without a lot more spamming hehe

------------------------------edit add on---------

watched it again from 6:10 to 7:10 only 41 people hehe
    i would bet 10 bucks it's not going to hit 100k :P Also when you whois x-cad.net kind of wierd that the person who registered it , only did it for 1 year? also used a hotmail address :P and didn't buy x-cad.org This doesn't sound like a highend business to me nice google ad down at the bottom too hehe

If the offer is for free cad software, why is it listing as an offer for free cad software of your choice as a possible prize for opting in on surveys, etc?

Did I misread, or is it for a different class of software that does things that x-cad doesn't? And if x-cad doesn't do it, why do we want it (except for the free part)?

Hey benny,
    I would like to try it if the offer still stands.

crfultz at sbcglobal.net
    Aspire, VCPro, PhotoVCarve, Cut3D, Mach3, Home built CnC.

Quote Originally Posted by CRFultz
    Hey benny,
    I would like to try it if the offer still stands.
    Invitation sent.

Hello boys. I just read yesterday in my Cad newsletter it free alright, but, only for 30 days, heh heh heh heh!!!!! :nono:

i'll like to try it too Benny
    cncdarrenathotmail.com
    Thanks,
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDRE
    Hello boys. I just read yesterday in my Cad newsletter it free alright, but, only for 30 days, heh heh heh heh!!!!! :nono:
    thats actually kinda lame. i mean, nothing is "free", but they could at least be up front about it...

I just read yesterday in my Cad newsletter it free alright, but, only for 30 days, heh heh heh heh!!!!!
    Which CAD newsletter is that? CAn you share a link so we can all read it?

Thanks

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I must appologize it was not a newsletter but my latest issue of Machine Design. Since it is a hard copy I cannot add a link. I think you can see an issue free at there web site.

Well they reached 100,000. I guess we will get an email to download x-cad soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mark296
    Well they reached 100,000. I guess we will get an email to download x-cad soon.
    That's if you want to. X-Cad is Alibre Xpress. The 'free' version is ad supported and has to be internet connected to run. It's got some functional limitations too. The non ad version is $49.00.

there's some talk of 'bait and switch' in the Alibre xpress forums..