586,744 active members*
5,756 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport interact 412 tool changer problem

Bridgeport interact 412 tool changer problem

Hi,

When My tool changer goes towards the Spindle to change the tool it does not slow down before it reaches the tool like it use to. The tool changer dampens when it goes back but not towards the tool.

Any ideas ?
    Thanks !!!
    Ray

If memory serves me correctly,your tool changer is moved forward and backward by way of a air cylinder. These typically have built in bumper at the end of stroke. The main port gets closed off by the piston leaving a smaller passage for the remainder of the travel. Usually these smaller ports have a adjustment for fine tuning that last bit of travel velocity. Maybe your adjustment has backed out or you have a issue with the cylinder.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    If memory serves me correctly,your tool changer is moved forward and backward by way of a air cylinder. These typically have built in bumper at the end of stroke. The main port gets closed off by the piston leaving a smaller passage for the remainder of the travel. Usually these smaller ports have a adjustment for fine tuning that last bit of travel velocity. Maybe your adjustment has backed out or you have a issue with the cylinder.

George
    Hi George, You have a good memory !!! Plus you are so right !! Shortly after i posted this i remembered i had this same problem years ago, then it hit me............the small adjusting screw at the end of the cylinder.

Thanks so much !!

help with progran transfer

Hello

Not trying to jack the thread, but I'm new to this forum. I need to transfer my programs and am at a loss. I have a interact 412 with tnc351/355 control. If someone could give me some help or direct me to someone who could I would appreciate it very much. Right now I'm trying to download to mastercam and am getting a framing error on my computer. I tried to download the tncremo but cant get it to run. Once again any help would be very appreciated

Thanks
    Duane

thanks for the heads up,my 412 thumps the stop at tool change, nowI know why, just have towork out where this adjuster screw is then :cheers:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HELP ME!!!!!

hello. i have a bridgeport vmc 560 with 16 tools, i was having a problem with the machine but we can fixed, but we cant fix a problem with the tool changer.

if some body could help me please!!!