586,138 active members*
3,836 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC Linear Motion Slide System

Hello guys,

I am interesting to buy CNC Linear Motion Slide System, do you suggest this link?
    CNC Linear Motion Slide System XYZ XY Shaft/Rail Table - eBay (item 400033764875 end time Nov-18-10 09:21:59 PST)

Do you suggest something else?

I am working CNC to cut wood and aluminium.

I have some just like them and wish I had something else. There is too much deflection on a 2x2 machine. I will NOT be using them on my next build.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRepair View Post
    I have some just like them and wish I had something else. There is too much deflection on a 2x2 machine. I will NOT be using them on my next build.
    wow, thxs man. Do you suggest something? I will be very happy

Budget is what got me into those since I could not afford THK rails.
    For my next build I plan to try Linear Carriage on Cold Rolled Steel (CNCRouterParts.com). I doubt my budget will increase much by the time I build since I'm already anxious to get started. This style looks like it would be a lot more ridged and could be beefed up easily or even expanded down the road without needing to replace much. They are still very budget friendly and would be easier to do maintenance on. There are several DIY builds using them and I'm no expert so do some searching, there is tons of great info and help on this forum. Take a peak at THIS , it is one of my favorite builds using them.

I think I will buy them 8pcs, looks cheap and clever.:cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by ATRepair View Post
    Budget is what got me into those since I could not afford THK rails.
    For my next build I plan to try Linear Carriage on Cold Rolled Steel (CNCRouterParts.com). I doubt my budget will increase much by the time I build since I'm already anxious to get started. This style looks like it would be a lot more ridged and could be beefed up easily or even expanded down the road without needing to replace much. They are still very budget friendly and would be easier to do maintenance on. There are several DIY builds using them and I'm no expert so do some searching, there is tons of great info and help on this forum. Take a peak at THIS , it is one of my favorite builds using them.