Mazak Micro Center V, 6m Fanuc (1987)

We have a "work offsets" page and I had read that offset "01" was for G54, "02" for G55 and so on. The only program loaded in the memory of the machine had a G92 specified with the X and Y coordinates matching offset "01". I assumed because of the age of the machine it had to be programmed with a G92 like some of our routers since the only program in its memory had G92 instead of G54.

I have tried repeatedly today to get it to pick up and read XYZ from work offset 01 using G54 with mixed results. X and Y have worked most of the day. I don't know what to set Z so that it works with my H offset. After much trial and error I had Z rapiding to 2" above my part as stated in my program, but I rebooted and it threw Z out of whack again. Now X and Y are going to random positions, rebooting used to fix the problem when that happened but not this last time.

It's very frustrating to have gotten it to work correctly and then go beserk, it seems to have no repeatablity when using G54 and I don't know enough about the machine to make it work.

Can anyone help me out here? What am I missing?