586,308 active members*
3,740 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry PROGRAM ZERO ON FANUC M

Hi!

Im new in cnc milling.
    I would like to get more details on how to assign a PROGRAM ZERO for each tool. My supervisor is doing it and every time he have to do it he's sending me away somewhere.(siss!).
    I would like to stress that the shop is using a touch off method. Ijust see him the tool to the face of the job and then pressing some buttons. PLEASE HELP ME

You need some help -

Read some books defining the basic principle on which the CNC Program works ?

--Cartersian Coordinate system--Program Zero(Origin)--The NC program is written according to the Program Zero position--

I am really sorry that i cannot describe more, because it will confuse you a lot & create barriers for you.

Best route is to check out some books about CNC Program..(You can also get the info on web).

Tks

Thanks for your reply. i have a manual for tha machine but it doesnt say a lot about the tool setup. I even get a book by Peter Smid(cnc programming handbook 3) only to find out that its got nothing to do with setting. Would please refer me to one book?
    Thanks

what kind of a machine? more detail
    generally zero can be anywhere, tool zero?, don't u mean tool length offset?

Hi Nigjoe!

My friend you did touch the point. Im exactely talking about TOOL LENGHT OFFSET PROCEDURE for a milling machine. The tool is brought down to the face of the workpiece and then where or what do i press. Thanks in advence!

what kind of machine and controller? Fanuc 180 Mi or another specific modle? They are all similiar, have worked with several. Is your machine a flat matrix table or pod and rail? Do you change the G54 offset for different programs or always touch off your tools for every job? Could us some more detail.

tool to the face of job,see the positon of z axis ,and see this tool's longth offset,same?
    but you need understand the basic principle