586,129 active members*
3,101 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

-Need help with Teco vfd on bridgeport

Got a teco n3 drive for the series 1 with a j head. Got it all wired and it turns nice. I only wired the 2 wires from my circuit breaker box and the 3 wires from the mill to the teco.
    But my dial does not do anything. I can use the up and down buttons to change hz. I thought you would use the dial. Does this have to be wired seperate? Or is it in programing to make the pot dial work? Thanks

You need to bring up the configuration menu in the Teco and change the source of the RPM adjust from the up/down buttons to the potentiometer on the keypad. On my Teco 7300 you set menu 1-06 to 0001 instead of the default setting of 0000. Go to the Teco web site and download the complete PDF manual then go through all the menu items to see how your unit is set. Forget the little manual that comes with the unit its not worth much. Most of the default settings will work buy you will want to play with some of them. Its takes reading parts of the manual several times but eventualy you will get the hang of the settings.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by 79TigerPilot View Post
    You need to bring up the configuration menu in the Teco and change the source of the RPM adjust from the up/down buttons to the potentiometer on the keypad. On my Teco 7300 you set menu 1-06 to 0001 instead of the default setting of 0000. Go to the Teco web site and download the complete PDF manual then go through all the menu items to see how your unit is set. Forget the little manual that comes with the unit its not worth much. Most of the default settings will work buy you will want to play with some of them. Its takes reading parts of the manual several times but eventualy you will get the hang of the settings.

Craig
    thanks for the info on my small print confusing manual. I will check out their pdf.