586,477 active members*
1,908 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

VB.NET CAM Project

Some years ago I started to develop a CAM software in VB. There are a lot of cool milestones reached. Some 3D stuff, simulation maths, if someone are engaged in something like this I'll be glad to interchange informations.

Thanks

Hello ecapatto

I'm from Brazil I live in Sao Paulo, I have Visual Studio 2005 and I know C# and VB.

Uma dica você deve colocar um exemplo de aplicativo que chame atenção do pessoal.
    Meu interesse é 3D operação boolean usando malha STL.

I've also started making simple tools for specific tasks using VB6. Working with G-code is pretty easy if your good at parsing text.

I doubt I would every try my hand at a full cam program since there's many out there that work well enough, but sometimes specialty software tools are required.

Paul

Hi Paul

The pleasure of making software free is good for the spirit!
    What you develop including the source is YOUR and is registered in forum.
    Yes there excellent software on the market but has lot corruption financial.
    An example Cut3D and CUT2D should be only a software see the price?
    Purchase Vectric Products
    Analysis and compare CamBam you only pay once.
    CamBam CNC Software

Armando

Hi Armando,

I´ll bring this topic back to life. Thanks for the tips, I'll prepare something to post here.

About boolean aperations with 3d meshes, stl files, I guess that you should see this at CGAL "Computational Geometry Algorithms Library" CGAL - Computational Geometry Algorithms Library

It is very usefull if you know a little bit about c++. It´s a complete 2d and 3d geometric kernel for a wide range of software applications, this includes cad and cam softwares and the best thing is that´s free for home use.

with kind regards,
    Eduardo

You can try Sprinter or ReplicatorG

Hi,

You may want to look at You can try Sprinter or ReplicatorG if your interested in 3D printing.
    A good software bundle for windows is found at The First Sprinter Easy Install Program and it's $4 3d printer software for windows it's worth looking at anyway.
    Alternately you can create s project in that uses VB routines to generate G code. Or something in VB that stores the G code as a library and acts as a Post.