This is a cross post, as is also posted in router section, anyone who can please remove it from that section, as this one is more appropriate.

I have the vsd-e drives from granite devices. I have the motors moving fine, but have some issues with the other functions.

I want to set up Opto-in 4 for disable / clear fault, but i cannot make the input change state.
If I put it in non-inverted, the drive is always enabled. Even if i jumper the 5V output to this, it is still enabled. I am unable to disable the drive.
If i put it in inverted, it is always disabled. This is how i plan to run the drive, but If i put it in this configuration, I cannot enable it.

Also, I am unsure how to disable the Error recovery function. The last thing I want to happen after a fault, is the motor to move. Anyone know how to disable this? I set the velocity limit for error recovery all the way down to 1, but this can't be the correct way. It still moves, just very slow.

Additional information: If I apply 5V to Opto-In 4 while connected to gdtool, I get a communication error, I believe this is due to the shared function of pin 9 (opto-in 4), however, I would think that this would apply in spi mode, where I am using pwm. Not sure.