586,154 active members*
3,759 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cool FREE! DIY Wireless Pendant

Hey guys,
    I don't know if any of you have seen it but I found a way to make a wireless pendant for our technos or Mach3 using a ipod touch or an iphone. I have been using it since last december. Here is a link to the original thread:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95030

The wifi pad server software runs in the background of the controller computer and can be used when setting up a file and jogging. I have found that it is extremely fast and reliable, just like using the keyboard. In fact, it is a keyboard emulator! It can press a max of 3 keys in order. For an example I was able to set it up to auto zero the z axis by specifying the keys "T", "Z", "Y". You can just imagine not having to lug your keyboard around the machine to accurately position the spindle!

I made my button layout designed for the techno interface but since the new 4.12 interface came out, the layout user plasidboyy made is much more usable. He really did a good job. His picture of the interface and the gamepad file is atatched below.

The whole installation process takes about 10 minutes. I have found that this is one of the best modifications or add-ons that I have ever made to my Techno 4896. The best part is that it was completely free, no strings attached! (No pun intended!..... well yes there was!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iphone2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver