586,377 active members*
2,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > SC7 not producing NC code

SC7 not producing NC code

I have SC Pro 7.1.0 build 37828 and it has been working ok since installing last month. But today it will not generate NC code for any project. When I select Run in the Generation window, the filename and Run button go dim for about 2 seconds then they return to dark but there is no code in the window. This occurs with projects that had code generated last week. I tried rebooting, opening other files, checking that the postprocessor file is located in the searched folder, but no change... no code was generated.

The postprocessor is for the Tormach PCNC1100 and was working fine last week.

Any thoughts?

Have you installed any updates to your PC? If so you might try to reinstall SC. Don't forget to save library files and such.

On the machining page one can select each operation and then click reset for each. Now select each operation again but this time click run. Now go to the postprocessing page and give it a try.

Have you tried building using a different postprocessor? Does that produce any code in the window?

Good luck,
    Robert

Bevin,
    When in the free evaluation mode, Sprutcam won't generate G-code and the evaluation period is oinly 30 days - two variables which you mention in your post. The installation may have gotten corrupted somehow. If it were me, and none of the other posts work either, I would un-install and then re-install. Save any tool libraries that you might have created in the meantime. I found on my machine that I have to use Sprutcam's own un-install instead of Window's XP utility. - Terry

Thanks Robert and Terry,
    I had a response from Sprut RU to send them the logs which I have done. So while I agree an uninstall and reinstall is the next step, I will wait for feedback from Sprut.

Robert yes I have had Windows updates which very well could be the cause. And I did try all combinations of single and many ops in a number of previously fine projects. I hadn't tried a different postprocessor but having done so now, there is no change to the blank window.

Terry, I actually thought that the symptom suggested I had a demo installation but I didn't explore that idea any further. I did have a problem with the license key when I purchased and installed 7.0.6 but that was a faulty file on the CD, and Tormach provided me with a correct file. So perhaps the cause is related to a deom flag not being turned off.

I will let you know what Sprut tell me and the results. Fortunately, I can afford the delay.

Thanks again,
    Bevin

Re-installing SC has fixed the problem, but it wasn't straightforward, and maybe others will be interested in the process.

Uninstalling (using SC uninstaller) and then reinstalling did not cure the problem. I uninstalled again and noticed that in the last few lines of the Uninstall 'details' one of the deleted files was scheduled to be deleted on rebooting. But being a little frustrated by then, before I rebooted, I changed the name of every Sprut directory (the top nodes) so that the install would be like a new install (although I did not alter the Registry). Then I rebooted and installed. Problem fixed but I don't know the cause.

But it seems that a reboot after uninstaling in necessary.

Of course I could experiment to find the cause of the problem by replacing each new directory tree with the original but I don't really have the time. I could send all the renamed directories to SC RU Support but I am sure they wouldn't bother either; my version is not the latest.

Thanks everyone for their responses
    Bevin