586,796 active members*
2,618 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V23 Custom Toolbar Transfer

V23 Custom Toolbar Transfer

Anyone out there know how to create and save a custom toolbar?

I'd like to make one on my machine, then transfer it to a group of 10+ other machines rather than recreate the toolbar states for each individual machine.

ktow

I think someone did this on the BobCAD forum. If I recall correctly it involved saving modifying the registry. Think it worked though.

Yes SBC. The key where BobCad stores all it's toolbar information is this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bobcad-CAM\BobCAD V23

If you right clcik that key and export to file, you can just bring that file to each computer and double clcik it to update all the registry settings to be duplicates... I think a best practice was to add a "Delete the settings first" line to it to make it work right. I'll find the link, which discusses and describes how to do it. The other discalimer is that there are several "other" settings in that key. If the computers and monitors and all that are extremely different, it could produce some odd results.... Easy enough to just make a backup before you modify things, then revert if it doesnt go well....Mind you, it's just a hack and not a "BobCad method".

Also, the "Shortcuts" are stored in a file in the BobCad root named "BobCAD23.MAC". If there were custom shorts defined that needed to propogate, this file would need to be copied also...

I'll post the BobCad forum link in a minute.

Here's the link in the BobCad forum that discusses this. You may want to expand the entire thread and go over it:

http://www.bobcadsupport.com/forum/s...01&postcount=6

It was a teacher at a school who wanted to "restore to state" all his class computers before next session.

He also stated at the end that BobCad support helped him out, and that they also helped with "Machine information" also. I dont know what was done or the implications of doing machine files. I never like to fool with mine.

Anyway, FWIW.

Yeah, that was the one Burr, good find.

Ktow, you were the original poster there, yes? Did it not work like you expected?