586,874 active members*
3,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > How I fixed my Chinese TB6560 controller (updated)

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
    Are you concerned about the 53A rating of the power supply?

The board should not draw that much current - it has onboard regulation that will (or should) only draw the amount of current that it is set to handle. The 53A rating is a maximum "capability". It is not the amount of current that it will force through a connected circuit (unless that circuit has a very low effective resistance).
    This "should" in your first sentence stands. I will have 2x6A (12) active coolers (I sow pepople writing overheating is problem), 2x 4cmx4cm small coolers on heatsink, I will also have some leds etc. I am thinking to put 10 A fuse before driver because of this "regulation".

Quote Originally Posted by modric View Post
    This "should" in your first sentence stands. I will have 2x6A (12) active coolers (I sow pepople writing overheating is problem), 2x 4cmx4cm small coolers on heatsink, I will also have some leds etc. I am thinking to put 10 A fuse before driver because of this "regulation".
    The typical overheating that people complain about with that board is overheating of the 3-terminal voltage regulators with the tiny heat sinks that are used to drop the motor voltage down to 12 volts for the fan and 5 volts for the logic. If you're powering the board with 12 volts, then the 12 volt regulator will not pose a heating problem, while the 5-volt regulator heating will be largely unchanged. So I suspect that incorporating active cooling on the main heat sink is not going to give you much of an advantage, if any.

Thanks for reply. I didn't know that. I will also power active heat sink on chips directly fom power supply. I sow people wrote it is because bad gnd. I have blue tb6560AHQ driver from china. Do you know is this driver also affected with this things from this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by modric View Post
    Thanks for reply. I didn't know that. I will also power active heat sink on chips directly fom power supply. I sow people wrote it is because bad gnd. I have blue tb6560AHQ driver from china. Do you know is this driver also affected with this things from this thread?
    I think that most of the discussion in this thread has been about the blue TB6560AHQ driver boards.

Quote Originally Posted by doorknob View Post
    I think that most of the discussion in this thread has been about the blue TB6560AHQ driver boards.
    Thanks. I was asking that because Neon22 wrote on page 55:

"Replacements:
    The replacement design for this chip is the TB6564AHQ also called THB6064AH. It handles 40V instead of 30V and does not have startup sequence problems. It is not pin compatible with the 6560HQ."