587,028 active members*
3,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HSD or FIMEC spindle motor

anybody got experience with 7.5kw HSD or FIMEC spindle motor? are they good?

I used 6.8 (I think) HSD's for the last 10 years. Had them rebuilt after 5 years. But they worked very good.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

How come I don't have respond from HSD usa and also try HSD italy and also no response from them. btw the HSD ES919 - H6161H0289A 7.5kw model with f63 short nose can I use ER40 with that? or am I stuck with ER32?
    I'm confused they are not responding to my inquiery but FIMEC responseded very well.
    Just affraid of the after sales service, if something went wrong and they don't give support then I have to trash the expensive spindle.

How come I don't have respond from HSD usa
    Call them. They're very helpful on the phone.

and also try HSD italy
    Website says they're closed for summer holiday until 8/29. Italian companies shut down for the summer.
    Just afraid of the after sales service, if something went wrong and they don't give support then I have to trash the expensive spindle.
    I don't think they offer much of a warranty. But I've had two 6.6KW ES919's rebuilt at HSD USA. If anything happens to it, they can rebuild it. But it's not cheap.

Not sure why you need bigger than ER32. I've used 4-1/2" diameter insert raised panel cutters with 3/4" shanks in ER32 collets. Pretty big cutters.

Can your machine handle the ±50 lbs these spindles weigh?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the info Gerry!
    I'm not sure if my machine can handle 30kg motor, I'm using hiwin 25mm linear guide and 25mm ballscrew what do you think?

I'm using hiwin 25mm linear guide and 25mm ballscrew what do you think?
    Those are fine, but the overall structure of the machine would dictate what it can handle. These are really massive spindles compared to a 2.2KW.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

fimec and hsd

the hsd spindle identical to the Fimec.why is this.please let me know!my email address:[email protected]. thank you very much!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 15mgtar View Post
    ...Just affraid of the after sales service, if something went wrong and they don't give support then I have to trash the expensive spindle.

No worries there they don't have any support with a cracker - I bought an ES929 as well as their cable and recommended inverter back in August of last year and went to install the components in late November - Being new to the game and not wanting to bugger anything up by inadvertently making a wrong connection I emailed them and simply asked "which of the pins on the harness you supplied go to which connectors on the Inverter you supplied ?"

Well it is almost 3 months down the track and I still haven't received a useful response to my question. I don't know if it is language problem or just plane arrogance.

The sales person I have been dealing with refuses to pass my request on to their technical department which I am now suspecting DOESN'T exist at all and keeps insisting the problems are because they do not manufacture the Inverter yet I purchased the inverter through them on their recommendation assuming I would be safe to do so in the interests of protecting the spindle.

The arrogant sales person l have been trying to communicate with insists the problems are of my making as I insisted on purchasing the inverter FIMEC recommended - can you believe this? Talk about hypocritical when you look in the Inverter manual the very first word on page are "Thank you for having chosen this FIMEC product” .

So NO there is no valid support which scares the hell out of me should anything go wrong with the Spindle or Inverter - although at this stage neither are functioning anyway so I may never find out .

BEWARE OF FIMEC they will sell you the products they recommend but it appears they are incapable of supplying any support.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Gazer View Post
    No worries there they don't have any support with a cracker - I bought an ES929 as well as their cable and recommended inverter back in August of last year and went to install the components in late November - Being new to the game and not wanting to bugger anything up by inadvertently making a wrong connection I emailed them and simply asked "which of the pins on the harness you supplied go to which connectors on the Inverter you supplied ?"

Well it is almost 3 months down the track and I still haven't received a useful response to my question. I don't know if it is language problem or just plane arrogance.

The sales person I have been dealing with refuses to pass my request on to their technical department which I am now suspecting DOESN'T exist at all and keeps insisting the problems are because they do not manufacture the Inverter yet I purchased the inverter through them on their recommendation assuming I would be safe to do so in the interests of protecting the spindle.

The arrogant sales person l have been trying to communicate with insists the problems are of my making as I insisted on purchasing the inverter FIMEC recommended - can you believe this? Talk about hypocritical when you look in the Inverter manual the very first word on page are "Thank you for having chosen this FIMEC product” .

So NO there is no valid support which scares the hell out of me should anything go wrong with the Spindle or Inverter - although at this stage neither are functioning anyway so I may never find out .

BEWARE OF FIMEC they will sell you the products they recommend but it appears they are incapable of supplying any support.
    Did you get manuals with your products? Fimec and HSD are really identical products... The prewired cable should have a coding sheet... Hope you can figure it out.

QUOTE=sfl2012;1070201]Did you get manuals with your products? Fimec and HSD are really identical products... The prewired cable should have a coding sheet... Hope you can figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Yes they did supply PDF manuals which is what I have been working from circuit by circuit to set it up . So far I have come across a few indiscretions which when questioned get a response of "It is a mistake"- great they can't even edit a PFD.

I finally got the spindle to run yesterday which is reassuring though I am not sure about the whistling noise it makes. Next I will be looking at all the relays I need to wire in and the sensors to incorporate into DeskCNC. Then It will be a matter of setting up all the ATC commands - I hope DeskCNC is up to the task or I might end up having to change the software as well- I believe Mach3 has an ATC application- time will tell.

As for FIMEC support - it is like pulling teeth- your own actually

QUOTE=sfl2012;1070201]Did you get manuals with your products? Fimec and HSD are really identical products... The prewired cable should have a coding sheet... Hope you can figure it out.
    Yes they did supply PDF manuals which is what I have been working from circuit by circuit to set it up . So far I have come across a few indiscretions which when questioned get a response of "It is a mistake"- great they can't even edit a PFD.

I finally got the spindle to run yesterday which is reassuring though I am not sure about the whistling noise it makes. Next I will be looking at all the relays I need to wire in and the sensors to incorporate into DeskCNC. Then It will be a matter of setting up all the ATC commands - I hope DeskCNC is up to the task or I might end up having to change the software as well- I believe Mach3 has an ATC application- time will tell.

As for FIMEC support - it is like pulling teeth- your own actually[/QUOTE]

Did you purchase this directly from Italy or do you have someone in Australia (dealer)?

I purchased from Fimec in Italy - I doubt they have an Australian Agent .- and had to split the shipment in two with the inverter leaving Late in August before they went on holidays for a month and then the Inverter and Cable when they returned in Oct.

I purchased from Fimec in Italy - I doubt they have an Australian Agent .- and had to split the shipment in two with the inverter leaving Late in August before they went on holidays for a month and then the Inverter and Cable when they returned in Oct.
    I see. The only thing close to you would be a Biesse/HSD agent. Hopefully you can work things out. Sounds like a painful experience...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not aware of any Biesse/HSD agent in Australia.
    Not to worry I will work it all out eventually- It just would have been so much easier if FIMEC had provided useful customer support to facilitate the installation.