586,915 active members*
2,992 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

SINUMERIK 810M - 7024 error

Hi, i have problem with machine cms sinumerik 810M (M6T), year 1984
    what happend is that i cant get 0 point, cant move by any axe or move it manualy by hands... and i cant reset alarm that i got on screen

7024 - AXES DRIVING GEARS NOT READY (72-73)

thanks

That is a machine fault.You need to look at the machine manual for that or ask the machine manufacturer.

If you drive in Emco-Sinumerik the error code tell us:

7024: ADJUST CLAMPING DEVICE PROXIMITY SWITCH !
    When the clamping device is open and the position stop control is active, the respective proximity switch has to feed back that the
    clamping device is "Open".
    Check and adjust the clamping device proximity switch, check the cables.

But you have a cms if I've got it right. In Sinumerik 810M/-94 are no such high numbers.
    So although I think gridley51 right but others might benefit from this Code

system maybe working slow

I'm also in the process of starting up a CNC machine ( Triax PF 4t) with a sinumerik 810 M controll. Have removed all errors and if I do hit Emergency button and resett to clear the alarm the Servodrives enables and we can feel the servo is holding. I hear some beeping from the servos. I don't know if this is a alarm or just noise from the servo. But after a few seconds I got the alarm 7024 Axes driving gears not ready. What does this mean. My alarm list does stop at 7023 so not much help in that. could it be something with the Brake on the Z aksis

7024 is a plc alarm.
    What I don`t know is what it means on your machine.On mine it means "incorrect tool selected",so obviously it is machine tool builder specified.
    If you can find a file called PCA in your control,it should be readable with notepad.

Do you have any suggestions how I can find this PCA file?
    I understand that this is the machine builder that should know this but seems to only have controll of the messages up to 7023. I Belive that it is a signal that goes into the I/O board. I have tried to find anything there but haven't found it jet. Is it possible to see the logic signals that error 7023 is dependent of. If I found that it would be possible to find where the source of the error is. Probably it is a faulty wire or something. the machine has not been inn operation and have beed moved since it was used. But backup battery is OK and all mecanical parts seems to be OK

Quote Originally Posted by smoregrava View Post
    I understand that this is the machine builder that should know this but seems to only have controll of the messages up to 7023. I Belive that it is a signal that goes into the I/O board. I have tried to find anything there but haven't found it jet. Is it possible to see the logic signals that error 7023 is dependent of. If I found that it would be possible to find where the source of the error is. Probably it is a faulty wire or something. the machine has not been inn operation and have beed moved since it was used. But backup battery is OK and all mecanical parts seems to be OK

7023 is PLC alarm. Do you have PLC documentation files. and What time do this alarm coming on screen? when you open machine? working? stopping. when working some axeses??

Quote Originally Posted by smoregrava View Post
    The message comes from the plc as do all 7000 number messages.
    You are correct that all signals go in and out the i/o board this is why it is called that.
    The plc is issueing this message because it is either not seeing an input or an input it can see is is not going low when it should.
    Do you have electrical drawings for this machine?
    As said already this message can mean different things on different machines.Only someone with the same machine or the machine builder can tell you what the message means.It is not easy to troubleshoot a Siemens controlled machine remotely you need to do the work.
    For example,what type of servodrives do you have?
    Are they ok and outputting a ready/healthy signal to the control?
    Do you know how to run the drives independently of the control?
    Do not assume because the machine worked at one time that it is still working,you have stated that you have cleared errors,what errors?
    Do you know how to connect a computer to the 810 and download the operating parameters and the plc programme?If so have you taken a backup of the control settings?This is how you will find the PCA file.
    What version of 810M is it?

Thanks for fast answers
    I don't have any PLC dokumentation files
    The error comes when I try to move Z axis to reference point. I have tried to just jog the Z aksis and it moves a little and then the 7024 alarm comes and everything stops. It is possible to do reference search and jogging on the X and Y axis.

I disconected the Z axis ( only mecanicaly) to check that the brake worked. Because there is a brake on the Z axis servo. When the power is off the brake is on. When I turn the machine on and press Reset to clear the alarm then the brake go of and I could easily turn the servo with my fingers??? I belived the servo should be stiff controlled by the Drive?

Yes I have electrical drawings of the machine But I can't find the input that gives me this problem.

The Servodrives is Simovert Siemens (Se image for the label of the simovert)

I believe I could run the drives independent of the control with a +-10V signal but I have not done that jet.

Yes I have connected the controll to the Computer and downloaded everything I was able to download. But I did not find a way to download PLC program. Do you know how to do that? ( I have attached the files I downloaded from the controller ( Except the main part programs and sub programs Because that's maybe not so interesting.

The Verison of the 810 I belive is possible to see from the lable on the controller
    Sinumerik 810 M
    6FC 3471-0AA-Z
    F-NR.: A1471661
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Simovert_drives.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Now you are coming with some useful information.
    It sounds as though everything is ok until you jog the Z axis.After you have jogged the axis and the control has errored out,with the power still on,check for 24vdc at terminals 72 and 73 on the Siemens axis drive.The terminal number may be 72.3 or 73.2 but it doesn`t matter at this stage.
    If you find you only have 24vdc at one of these terminals,power down and power up and check again before jogging the axis.
    This is the drive ready/healthy signal.
    To download the PLC data and see the %PCA file you must do an "Overall reset"
    You can read about this in the Siemens manual 346_810 GA1 Interface Pt1.
    Be very careful unloading data if you are not sure what you are doing as if you lose it you are in deep trouble.
    To talk to these controls you need the Siemens Step5 programme and PCIN.
    If you cannot find a copy of this on the Siemens website PM me an email address and I will send you a copy.
    The reason I asked what version of 810 you have is that there are three releases of this software.They are GA1,GA2 and GA3.

"It sounds as though everything is ok until you jog the Z axis.After you have jogged the axis and the control has errored out,with the power still on"
    Yes this is rigth. And when the error comes the servoes dissables. I did not measure terminal 72 and 73. But I had the belt cover off the x axis and the servo was holding until the error of the Z axis come.

the reason I start to belive that Z axis was the problem was becaus a red diode on the z axis drive card was on after error. (See picture)

How do I find if my version is GA1 GA2 or GA3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diode on Drives_small.JPG   simovert_overwiev_liten.JPG  

I looked your uploaded pictures and I think your Power moduls and control moduls are same. has same siemens referance. If like this you can change Z axes with other any same axes. And you can try this. If problem come from Z axes you can check motor or mechanical system. If problem move other axes that problem in electronic system. But first you must elimination your electronical control and power section.

ATTENTION
    SURE DC BAR AND BIG CAPACITORS YOU CHECK BY VOLTMETER
    ATTENTION

Quote Originally Posted by erdinct View Post
    I looked your uploaded pictures and I think your Power moduls and control moduls are same. has same siemens referance. If like this you can change Z axes with other any same axes.
    That is not strictly true.Max current has to be set on the board to suit the motor.
    It is only true if all three motors were exactly the same spec.
    My normal practice with an unknown machine is to set up and run each axis independently of the control with a battery box.That way you are in full command and can check each thing one at a time.
    Swapping cards around can be ok but can also lead to other cards being damaged.

Edit:I have not been very clear in my explanation.I meant by setting current to check that the maximum current set on the control (N) card does not exceed the maximum allowable motor current.This is because it is possible to use a stack card with a higher rating than originally specified.Setting the max current should protect the motor and stack card.

absolutly. But he can try slow speed avance. and If drivers has same referance... drivers go over current in abnormal situation.

and can you turn shaft by your hand after the motor brake is open. If motor brake is 24V that you can connect a power supply motor brake connectors , after be sure right pins and disconnect mechanic. maybe brake has problem maybe mechanic... and do you check axis pursuit control page.

I have been thinking of connecting theZ axis to another drive. But first I should check that the servos is identical. There is no brakes on the other servos but that should not be a problem? As long as the servo has same Current rating and W. If the servo's have the same spec should I meassure the Ohm on all three phases?

I did check the brake and that seems to work OK when brake has 24 Volt the servo is free to turn.

I did disconnect the servo to see that the mecanical part of the Z axis is OK. And everything seems OK. I moved the Z axis up and down by turning the Ballscrew by hand.

Disconnect the motor from the axis drive and megger it.Check the brushes and the tacho brushes and blow the carbon out of the motor.
    At this stage you may be lucky and not damaged the drive as it appears to fault after you jog the motor.
    When you get a fault like this you should first check that the axis is mechanically free and that the motor checks out ok,then think about swapping cards.
    A stack card repair on average is $900,a few minutes with a meter can save this.
    Are they 1HU motors on this machine?

The Z axis servo motor is 1FT 5072 OAC 01 GA5 I think.
    The x and Y axis is 1FT 5072 OAF 01

I believe that there is no brushes or tacho on these motors. I think it is 3 phase AC servosw with encoders or?

Can anyone tell me what the difference is on these motor's. Is it only the brake that differs?

I have not checked the "axis pursuit control page" I'm not so familiar with the siemens controll I moustly use Fagor8055. How do I find the "axis pursuit control page" and is it possible to find more info info from the drives there?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails motor_specs.jpg   Servo_motor.JPG  

I`ve chopped this out because I had misread your info and none of what I had wrote here was relevant.Sorry.

Edit: I have gone back and looked at the label you attached and see that the drive is indeed a 6SC rather than 6RB.
    I have not seen one of these before but there seems a lot of stack cards,are they using three stack cards for one of the axis?
    I will send you a file on the 1FT5 motor.Be very careful if you decide to dismantle one as the sensor plate inside the non drive end cover carries three hall effects which are used for commutation.
    There is also a three phase tacho inside the motor and temp sensors.
    I have a few of these motors on various machines and the only problem I`ve ever had is the drive end bearing housing wearing on one of them.
    The PDF I`ll send you also has the 6SC610 drive on it,just ignore that bit.

Page 1 of 2 12