586,075 active members*
4,182 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > safety relay and amc drives

safety relay and amc drives

little info to start controller is a cs-labs csmio/ip-a with amc 25a20 drives.
    the ip-a manual shows a basic wiring diagram wih a pilz pnoz x7 safety relay.
    so the ip-a need 24v input.so 24v to pin 13 on the pnoz x7 and should output
    24v to pin 14 to the input of the ip-a.
    the drives need to ground the inhibit in pin. so can I just ground pin 23 on the
    pnoz x7 and it should output ground to pin 24 to the inhibit in pin on the drive ?
    and for the fault. the drives output ttl 5v on a fault but the pnoz x7 needs 24v.should
    I just use a 5v relay to switch it to 24v. or is there a better way?

safety relay and amc drives

Hi Pitchblack650, I have the csmio/ip-s and a pnoz x7. I have done basically the same as you. Pins 13-14 supplying 24v to inputs on controller and pins 23-24 supplying 24v to a timer relay then to a opto board bringing it down to 5 volt for servo drive disable. Also used opto board to reverse from 5v to 24v to bring servo drive alarm back to the controller.
    The reason I have the timer is that I wanted the drive to come to a controlled stop instead of a "freewheel" stop. As the disable on the drives cuts the HV input and it has no braking effort. Is set at about 0.30 seconds.

Alan

Re: safety relay and amc drives

thanks alan xr8, didn't think of using the opto board to reverse from 5v to 24v for the fault .
    how did you wire them up for the fault, ?

Hi Pitchblack650,
    I have 5 Granite devices VSD-E drives and I can assign the I/O's on them. Have a search around for some info on them and find out if your drives have fault/error out.

Alan

fault out from the manual
    TTL level (+5 V) output becomes high when power devices are disabled due to at least one of the following conditions: inhibit, output short circuit, over voltage, over temperature, power-up reset.

Doesn't seem like a problem to feed it back to the controller then. I used one of these opto boards
    4 Channel Opto-Isolator on DIN-rail Mount :: Signal Isolators :: Signal Conditioners :: Welcome to Ocean Controls.
    Good luck

Alan

thanks Alan