586,471 active members*
3,548 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

sinumerik 810M error #12 - PP memory wrong format

Hello to anyone who can help me. After fixing CPU board of sinumerik 810M (after turning the machine on, there was nothing on the screen , no LED in on state at the panel ) ,I do not know what to do else. I have to remain that there is RAM memory at the repaired CPU board - during fixing it, RAM lost data (battery is outside of this board) . So , now CPU works , screen works , I only have a message - error 12 : Progr.-sp. falsch format . Could anyone give me a hand and tell me what was lost and what is necessary to do? ( machine parameters? anything else? ) There is another similar machine with the same sinumerik beside the broken one. Maybe I could copy lost data from it. Thanks a lot for your help. Vlado

Hey, if I remember right I got the same error # 12 when changing the battery the first time and
    had to turn off the machine. Then, all the parameters and you have to go in and reformat the machine.
    If so, you set the wireless communication parameters first. To receive the following protocol to read:

RTS, 7 data bits, no parity, 2 stop baudrate 9600

5010 0000 0000
    5011 1100 0111 9600 might be too high in 1100 0100 = 1200 baud
    5012 0000 0000
    5013 1100 0111

If you set your PC in the same so you can fill in all parameters.
    The file or files contain the headings:

% PCA
    % TEA1
    % TEA2
    % PCP
    % CSE

it only takes a few minutes to fill up the process but how you do on the console will
    I unfortunately do not remember. You must be sure to go through the key position 1
    and enter the password that tends to be 1111 this is a little help along the way, I hope.
    Let me now if this works. Maybe I can send all data to yo if you don´t find your own.

Good luck

this guide is from Siemens book/file
    SINUMERIK 810
    SINUMERIK 820
    Basic Version 3
    Software Version 2
    Installation Lists
    Installation Guide 01.93 Edition

7.1.1 POWER ON alarms (No. 1 ... 56) POWER ON alarms can only be reset when the control is switched off and on.
    Alarm No. Meaning

1 Battery alarm - power supply R
    3 PLC Stop
    4 Incorrect unit system
    5 Too many input buffer parameters
    7 EPROM CHECK error
    8 Wrong axis/spindle position
    9 Memory too small for UMS
    10 UMS error
    11 Wrong UMS identifier
    12 Part program memory wrongly formatted
    13 RAM error on CPU
    14 RAM error on memory module

R The error is not program-specific so it is only given an ORD number
    (ORD 10 means that this is the 10th error after Power On).

Hi cnc_swe. Thanks for a response. Well, I have to say I'm not wiser even though I downloaded manual of sinumerik and was reading some capitols again and again. I wrote down on a sheet of paper parameters of working machine (the second one with the same sinumerik) but I did not know how to rewrite them to the "broken" one. I did not understand what you wrote : { If so, you set the wireless communication parameters first. To receive the following protocol to read: .... } ?? wireless ?? . Regarding to the transfer of data from / to sinumerik by using RS232 - do I need some software for doing it ?
    Once , I had similar problem with a machine which uses Fanuc system - there were 2 same machines in one place . One broken , the second one ok. After fixing hardware ( all data were lost ) I asked in this forum how to rewrite parameters . A guy from Bulgaria wrote me what is necessary to do - 1.to copy parameters ( writing down on paper from working machine) 2. rewrite parameters into fixed machine . To do this , I had to turn a special switch on , then I could rewrite parameters. ( after this the switch was turned off) . I did not want to use RS232 . However , I will try to find out more information about this problem . Thank you once again , if you have anything else to help , you could write it. Vlado

I translated the error "wireless communication". I meant RS232 (V24 serial.)
    You need a simple terminal program like Windows HyperTerminal or any application where you can put your parameters for RS232 transmission.
    The last software should be in the PC to fill up the text file you get from me to be in Sinumerik.
    All data bits I got in the previous example, you must login on the Sinumerik first and write some communikation data.
    ex: 5012 = 0000 0000 Whether you must manually write or download via RS232.
    First of all you must enter the MACHINE DATA BITS in Sinumerik.
    Next, find the menu in Sinumerik as I/O On this menu you will find Transmitt or recive file.
    If both of the terminal have same data ex: RST, 7, 1200 baud, Non, 2stop the communikation can start between computer and Sinumerik.

You may enter any parameters manually, but there are several hundred.
    Try to read your manual how to edit this database.
    Trying to get data from another machine instead of from a PC based on the same idea but then you will be able to manage the RS232 also in the machine.

I can send the owner's manual in English if you want.

hello cnc_swe . ok, you could send me your manual ( [email protected] ) I'm going to read it and I'll probably give you a couple of question if you do not mind .... I would also need pin diagram for connectors of RS232 to make a cable . Will I find it in the manual ? vlado

Vlado,I have sent you a PM.

Mark.

thanks Mark , I'll have a look at in and write email. Vlado

hello there
    I finally did it , after many hours spending by uploading files into
    sinumerik I can say it was a hard way for me.
    Despite of it I got copy files from the producer , then I got software
    from 2 guys who wanted to help me, I had a problem to upload them.
    Now I can say , it was COM1 problem of some laptop that I use .
    ( with old 9pin serial connector) .
    I used the laptop with MSDOS , PCIN 4.2 software , cable 9pin PC - 25pin CNC.
    I also tried the laptop with usb - serial connvertor and it worked .
    I also tried PCIN 4.3 version and it was ok.
    pin diagram for the cable is drawn on the picture that you can see by opening
    PCIN .
    What I can say more is that the menu of sinumerik was in German and all
    instructions that I have got are for English menu . In some steps it was
    confusing because of names in this menu.

I had some problem which I have not solved yet. I could not download
    files from CNC to PC . When I set DATA IN for PC and DATA OUT ( daten aus) at CNC ( sinumerik menu ) and pushed start softkey it did not work.
    There was a message on the PC screen in the window of PCIN software :

parity error

I hope , somebody will tell me what I did wrong .
    Thanks to all who have helped me in this case . Vlado

You have done a good job in a short time. These latest errors are a bit easier to adjust. Since it is a bit easier to modify in your PC program rather than inside Sinumerik. Maybe not more difficult but much easier for me to explain

Sinumerik let you now there is parity errors. In your program PCIN may try to change just parity. You should have different choices:
    no, even or uneven. This is called hand shaking. Try to get up if you send the same bits that you receive.

Example

Transmitter <-------------------------------> receiver

7 data bits <---------------------------> 7 data bits
    2 Stop bits 2 stop <---------------------------> 2 stop bits
    no parity <---------------------------> no parity maybe you have even parity.
    baudrate 1200 <---------------------------> 1200 Baud

If you look inside the Sinumerik under the machine data bits as I Have Told you before. but you must find the right table that begins on the 5000th Do you find that you can enter your parameters from 5000 - 5015 so I look in the book what you want.

RTS, 7 data bits, no parity, 2 stop baudrate 9600

5010 0000 0000
    5011 1100 0111
    5012 0000 0000
    5013 1100 0111

Parity is a rough piece of control that sent the sign arrived correctly.
    But want to know more about RS 232 serial communication or parallel communication are a lot of info on Vista

hmmm , I know everything what you were describing about serial transfer.
    After a "parity error " I was trying to change parity from even (which is
    recommended )to whatever I was allowed ( in PCIN software and its menu ) . It did not help. As to special parameters regarding to transfer :
    5011 - transmission format 1th interface read in
    5013 - .......................................... read out

they are the same , so if I uploaded files , I thought I could download as well.

Maybe the copy help you. Try running 1200 baud, if not My machine loses characters or shows transfer error.
    Set timeout to at least 1000 in your PC software.

Try this and you will have ║ RTS ║ 7 databits ║ 2 stop ║ Even parity ║Baurate 1200 ║

5011 = 01100011
    5012 = 10000000
    5013 = 11000011
    5014 = 11100000
    5015 = 11000111
    5016 = 00000000

For years ago I work with DNC-precision, it was free. http://www.aggsoft.com/dnc-precision.htm

Now it begins to thunder, so it 's time to shut down. Hope you have better success with this info

well, I set transmission parameters as they are recommended once again
    and now it has worked - I could upload and download as well . I do not know
    what exactly happened because I had the same before and it worked only one way .. ?? as to the timeout , I left it in 4s.
    However , even if I can turn the machine on, do reference points, move with axes in every direction ( I had to set some parameters in AXIAL data window, because sometimes it did not go to + , sometimes to - directions ) I still have a problem to run the machine in Automatic mode. A guy who works with this machine uploaded some working program ... but after pushing a button for auto start - nothing happens . So , I think I'm stuck in some point and do not know what to do now.

First , you need load the standart machine data from the Service screen, then, format the memory areas, and then, load the TEA1, format user memory, alarm memory and user memory from the Service screen.
    After that, you can load TEA2 , PCA , PCP.
    If you dont do that in these order, you can´t load data because the system don´t have the memory in order.
    For upload data, you can use PCIN in old DOS OS, or WINPCIN for Windows.

I think, I did all in the order yaesu747. PCIN also works under XP , I used usb-serial converter to make a transfer. Now, I have a problem to start the machine in auto mode.

Need to restar Sinumerik system

In Sinumrik you dont find any F5 to restart. If you replay a new parameter ex, N5 000010100 yuo must restart Sinumerik a again.
    Please send pictures from you screen when you got probleme.
    It is mutch simple to me and other gay to understand the error.

I most going to sleap. But Good luck :tired:

Awais

Quote Originally Posted by cnc_swe View Post
    I translated the error "wireless communication". I meant RS232 (V24 serial.)
    You need a simple terminal program like Windows HyperTerminal or any application where you can put your parameters for RS232 transmission.
    The last software should be in the PC to fill up the text file you get from me to be in Sinumerik.
    All data bits I got in the previous example, you must login on the Sinumerik first and write some communikation data.
    ex: 5012 = 0000 0000 Whether you must manually write or download via RS232.
    First of all you must enter the MACHINE DATA BITS in Sinumerik.
    Next, find the menu in Sinumerik as I/O On this menu you will find Transmitt or recive file.
    If both of the terminal have same data ex: RST, 7, 1200 baud, Non, 2stop the communikation can start between computer and Sinumerik.

You may enter any parameters manually, but there are several hundred.
    Try to read your manual how to edit this database.
    Trying to get data from another machine instead of from a PC based on the same idea but then you will be able to manage the RS232 also in the machine.

I can send the owner's manual in English if you want.
    I have a turret punch cnc machine .It was working properly last night.At
    next day when i turned it ON than there was a low voltage battery alarm
    at screen .Than I replace the batteries and turned OFF machine So Turned ON again .At this time low battery alarm had released but another alarm occured.
    at the screen "3 PLC STOP"
    Can any one help me that how I can release this alarm and machine data is
    save or not.All drives are of Siemens Sinumerik.
    I will be great thankfull to u

Dear
    I have a turret punch cnc machine .It was working properly last night.At
    next day when i turned it ON than there was a low voltage battery alarm
    at screen .Than I replace the batteries and turned OFF machine So Turned ON again .At this time low battery alarm had released but another alarm occured.
    at the screen "3 PLC STOP"
    Can any one help me that how I can release this alarm and machine data is
    save or not.All drives are of Siemens Sinumerik.
    I will be great thankfull to u
    Machine specification:
    RT.210.12
    N- 6037- Nr
    Mfg- 1996
    400v Ac 50 HZ
    26KW 50A

3 PLC Stop How can reset it

Dear
    How can I reset Alarm
    3 PLC Stop
    Please help me I need your help
    E=cnc_swe;807687]this guide is from Siemens book/file
    SINUMERIK 810
    SINUMERIK 820
    Basic Version 3
    Software Version 2
    Installation Lists
    Installation Guide 01.93 Edition

7.1.1 POWER ON alarms (No. 1 ... 56) POWER ON alarms can only be reset when the control is switched off and on.
    Alarm No. Meaning

1 Battery alarm - power supply R
    3 PLC Stop
    4 Incorrect unit system
    5 Too many input buffer parameters
    7 EPROM CHECK error
    8 Wrong axis/spindle position
    9 Memory too small for UMS
    10 UMS error
    11 Wrong UMS identifier
    12 Part program memory wrongly formatted
    13 RAM error on CPU