Hello,

we recently baught a doosan horizontal machining center with fms pallet system.

i'm new to programming on horizontal machines, but i have many years of experience with vertical mill, 5axis mill, 4axis lathe, MTM machines (nakamura ntjx and stw-40) and fanuc robot.
we have gibbscam as cad/cam software.

we have several tombstones on our pallets. each tombstone has 4 sides and at each side theres a precise hole for taking zero points with renishaw.

fanuc has installed the option 'G54.2 - rotary dynamic fixture offset' but its verry dificult to find any info about this.

does anybody knows what the best way is to program this machine with this set-up?
is it best to put the fixture offset at the center of rotation or do you use part offset?

Gibbscam asks me the center of rotation to post the program but thats something i don't want to do.
i want the machine to calculate the center of rotation because ea if we have a crash, the center could change and all the program's thats already posted are not good anymore or if we buy a second machine and connect it to the fms this means we cant use program's from machine A on machine B.

does anybody work with horizontal machine with fms line?
where do you put your zero points?
do you work with a G50 to move your workplane?
do you use G54.2 of maybe a G68.2?
do you store the offset in the program?
is it usefull to remeasure the precise hole in the pallet to add this correction in the offset?

any help would be welcome!!!