586,363 active members*
3,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Functionality in CAM software for Aerospace work!

Functionality in CAM software for Aerospace work!

I hope there are some of you out there that can help with this question. I am looking for specific functionality you would look for in a CAM software (or wish your software had) when doing aerospace work. What are the things you run into often when programming that you wish you had. I would like to propose the same question for medical work as well, but I havent seen too many of you out there.

If you are truly doing aerospace work, then I think one of the most important things you will need is to make sure that your software has the proper file converters.

Thanks for the feedback! I am not doing any aerospace machining myself. I work for a CAM software development company and I am curious to see what you guys are looking for in software.

I got to agree with excell I program in the aerospace industry. We get files in a lot of different formats. We run mastercam x4 so most of what we do has to be imported from a different file. I have found that when importing files from different languages you will sometimes run into distorted entities especially with surfaces
    BE NICE TO THE NERDS IN SCHOOL. THEY ONE DAY MAY BE YOUR BOSS