586,350 active members*
3,266 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach3 Setup Help

I am running there KL-G540 setup with Mach3 on a Vista 32bit.

I have tried the XML files from the gecko website, keling website, and tinkering around I cannot get it to come out of reset. I get a estop requested message. I know the port and pin are correct with 1 -15 in the setting. Also in the diagnostic page in Mach the m1home - m4home have a yellow box next to them. I turned the limits off to get rid of this,

Anyway went through all the wiring 5 times already and everything is wired correctly.

When the charge pump is off the motors lock. And the estop will fault when pressed.

Also the lpt port is set to epp and is running properly. and I have the correct port set in mach. I just do not know where to go from here. Any help will be great

Is your E-Stop using the NC or NO contacts.

I used the NC and one wire from the E-stop goes to Input Pin 10 (on C11G BOB) and the other wire goes to +5 volts which is next to pin 10.

Pin 10 also goes to the EN on the BOB.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzer View Post
    I am running there KL-G540 setup with Mach3 on a Vista 32bit.

I have tried the XML files from the gecko website, keling website, and tinkering around I cannot get it to come out of reset. I get a estop requested message. I know the port and pin are correct with 1 -15 in the setting. Also in the diagnostic page in Mach the m1home - m4home have a yellow box next to them. I turned the limits off to get rid of this,

Anyway went through all the wiring 5 times already and everything is wired correctly.

When the charge pump is off the motors lock. And the estop will fault when pressed.

Also the lpt port is set to epp and is running properly. and I have the correct port set in mach. I just do not know where to go from here. Any help will be great
    I would post on Artsoft web site the Mach support forum, there are a lot of knowledgable people there.
    Did you try switching the limit switch active high or active low settings?

Mike