587,006 active members*
3,011 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Want to control your spindle with Mach3 but can't.. Maybe this helps.
Page 11 of 23 91011121321
    So you are missing the MPG I bought from you now, huh?

I am just glad to know that I have done as much steel work with this controller as I ever have with the factory Grizzly motor.

So here is the 9 million dollar question.. If I have not bought any motor/driver yet and want to change my motor out so I can control it via Mach which should I buy and from where?

The back story is that Keling inc got burned pretty bad on this motor set last time by Sangmutan. I kept in contact with John at keling andd also Zhang. Sangmutan is no longer the company making these and Zhang went to the other company which is now producing these.

John went to China, visited the factory and still wasn't re-assured about the product so he asked Zhang to send me a replacement to test before any reselling was done on behalf of Keling. My work is to show (Or not) that the product is capable of being used in a milling machine and to verify that the torque has been improved on these systems.

At this point, these kits are the only drop in replacement option for the SX3 mills and also a workable option for many homebrew machines and lathes. I waited (sometimes impatiently) for news on the replacement, and one afternoon, I got a message asking for my address. And 3 days later I had the replacement. Zhang kept his promise to get the issue resolved and sent me a new controller and that means alot. I still have not completed testing, but at this point it is a phenominal step forward for SX3 owners. I cannot say what Zhang will do about replacing the originals, but I am sure that will be part of John's negotiations.

So at this point I just wait for Keling to stock these again?

what happened to the large Motor? that would be the setup i want, I would like to swap out my treadmill motor for something a little more reliable, the brushes in that thing are making alot of dust and my first motor caught on fire and burnt up (probably my fault was pushing the limits at 8000RPM) but I would like something a little bit quieter and that had more grunt down low.

Thanks!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by compunerdy View Post
    So at this point I just wait for Keling to stock these again?
    You can do that, or you can contact Zhang directly and see if there are any other options at [email protected]

As for the larger motor and controller, he mentioned those as well. So I suspect they still are going to offer them. I just have nothing to test those with right now.

So i contacted Zhang at the email above, he told me that you guys finishing up testing and that you and / or Keling will sell the motors in the USA as soon test have been finished...
    Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

Quote Originally Posted by hive8 View Post
    So i contacted Zhang at the email above, he told me that you guys finishing up testing and that you and / or Keling will sell the motors in the USA as soon test have been finished...
    I'm not affiliated with Keling in any way, nor will I be selling them. John at Keling and I have been working together for a while trying to find an alternative for the SX3 controller system and he purchased these originally for that purpose as well as the DIYers.

Keling will have to buy a certain amount of stock of the kits from Zhang, but John said that without thourough testing of the product, after being burned last time. He will not buy until someone got to review the product.

I see, i understand that completely... do we have any news if one or multiple creditable people are reviewing (testing) the product?
    Hive 8 - G0704 CNC Mill - 20 inch Telescope - High Resolution 3D Printer - Lasersaur 100W CO2 Cutter / Engraver

I don't know of anyone else that is testing out the system, but I can tell you whether the system works or not, I will tell you.

So far, the videos I have done in steel are far and beyond what the previous system would do.

Why don't you ask him to test one and see what he says.

Yes i will send him a email and see what he says about testing a motor combo on my G0704 for review.

Any more news on this topic, i am getting very close on deciding what motor and conversation to get...

Hey everyone. Just wanted to post what was going on since I haven't been out here much lately.

Motor and controller are running fine but I haven't been able to post any more videos because I was injured in a car wreck and can't get around much. My shop is and wasn't the place for a person on crutches and I am just now starting to get back around after having knee surgery. I will try my best to get this done soon, but it has given me the time to do some cad work for things to cut.

I am not concerned about the motors torque any longer and I have cut a good bit of steel on it and all parts turned out great. I am very pleased with the new system. My spindle noise because of that dang spline though, well that is another story. Working on that though.

Great news on the motor / controller combination. Looking forward that keling will stock them again.

Sorry to hear about the car accident, i wish you a prompt recovery, take it easy so your body has time to heal, for sure no stress on the knee.

Got a manual for the new BLDC motor kit from Zhang.
    Don't know if anyone needs this, but here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi all, first post.

I'm very interested in this thread because I'm hoping to soon acquire a used Syil SX3 Mill.

Has anyone used the tapping function with this motor and latest controller?

Thank you, :cheers:
    Chattery

Hi all, I know this is a pretty old post, but I figured I'd put my $.02 in as well. I had an SX3 and the spindle problem was driving me insane as well. I actually contacted someone from Syil directly, and they shipped me a SX4 motor, faceplace and board. I swapped that in and had wonderful 5 second startup spindle control fully controlled by Mach3.

I did have to lock out the quill with a really long carriage bolt, but I rarely used that anyway.

Syil America was able to order the parts for me, and they weren't that expensive, only like $300-400 or so.

Wade

Littlemachineshop has an SX3 spindle control board for $100.

CNC Spindle Control Upgrade Kit for SX3, SC4 - LittleMachineShop.com

Definitely an easier solution that mine was. That's cool that someone came up with the necessary card to resolve the problem. As far as I know, I was about the 3rd person to come up with a solution for the slow startup on the SX3 mill as it was about 3 years ago when I did it.

Wade

Page 11 of 23 91011121321