586,555 active members*
3,357 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Torcam cnc mill ?

Hi, Just wondering if someone has one of these small tabletop cnc mills or can tell me a bit about them? So far all I know is they were made in Concord Ontario, and were used in schools (Googled it), I am guessing around 20-30yrs old (built very heavy). I am thinking of buying one, but I am a little worried about availability of parts (and information). Also what kind of tolerances can I expect from a machine used in school for teaching? Basically I wonder if they cheaped-out on the ballscews & ballnuts?

Thanks

I have 2 torcam lathes that I am trying to get running. I'll keep you posted..
    Also, if anyone has a mastercam X or X2 post for these machines, could you let me know. Thanks

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I recently bought the same Torcam CNC mill and trying to find out, what are the specs on the R8 spindle and the motor. My motor plate reading is worn out, so the only thing I can tell is it’s 90VDC and 12.5A I have no idea what RPM it is, what HP it has, looks like ¼ maybe and what is the maximum spindle RPM.

Cheers.