586,463 active members*
3,373 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

I have 2 aluminum assemblies I need produced

The first assemble has 6 pieces, the second has 8.

Of the 14 total pieces 7 are the same (part1), they are .250" aluminum 1.500" X .622" +.000/-.030 for tolerance.

2 other (part2) are very similar, with one only having extra relief add, this relief could be add with a sander at the time of welding. They are 1" dia aluminum 1.766" long and a 7/16-14 unc 2b hole (I can supply these part too) I'd like to keep a +/- .005 on the outside profile on these.

Parts 4&5 are similar as well being of 6ga aluminum 13.750" X 6.625". To make these parts you will need some form of a break, capable of forming a 5/16 inside bend radius (I am flexible on the bend radius but remember the larger the bend radius the strong it is). If you were to supply me with your bend allowance I can model it in.

Parts 6&7 again brother/sister parts of .250" aluminum with the larger one being 13.00" X 5.25" and the small being 13.00" X 3.00".

The last part is from 8ga aluminum is 11.25" long by 4.5" wide and may need to be ran through a slip roll as it needs a 4.75" inside radius.

So here's the deal I'll take quotes on all the work (will need to weld both assembles), or individual groups. These are R&D at this point, if the work out #'s could be in the 100/year of each assemble.
    I have these drawn in Pro/E so can export to a few different formats.

HERE'S DXF'S OF THE FIRST FOUR PARTS I'LL POST THE OTHER TWO AND ASSEMBLIES LATER PART3 AND PART4 ARE MISSING SOME DIMENSIONS, I KNOW, :tired: BUT THEY ARE ALL IN THE MODELS
    Attached Files Attached Files

DXF'S ARE AVAILABLE.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails part5.jpg   part6.jpg   part7.jpg   r-assy.jpg  

l-assy.jpg  

LAST 3 DXF'S
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not sore WHY it states "Quote Awarded" as I've only received 1 quote and it was way higher than what I'm willing to pay

The 6 and 8 gauge material you are asking for will make this extra expensive, as neither are available off the shelf.
    1/8, 3/16 and 1/4 are standard anything else will have to be machined or run custom at the manufacture plant.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

normal response from buyer always higher than what I expect to pay. Seems as if our trade is some sort of non skilled job like mc donalds. That is why i don't quote this stuff. To many retired guys that worked for someone else working out of their garauge

1/8 will work for 8ga and 3/16 is acceptable for 6ga

newarkprecision, I am an experienced CNC machinist currently running a Hass VH3 for the ITW corporation. I know the value of what I'm want done and the quote wasn't where it needs to be. So saying "normal response from buyer always higher than what I expect to pay" is a major Assumption on your part and you know what they say about assumption don't you

Do these assemblies need finishing? Anodizing, powder coating, polishing.....?

We re-quoted your job for you since you changed the material. Now as far as knowing the value I don't know if you right on that. This is a 1 off job that requires multipple different operations and tooling. We are more then capable of doing this job, unlike most people who your going to get bidding on this job. Just like Newarkprecision said that were compeeting against very much so under-equipped individuals that are working out of their garage. You claim you know the value because you settup someone elses machine to be run on repeat jobs, there is no way you can compare. For 1 you don't own none of the equipment and pay for no tooling, electric, materials, rent, or employees. So you setting up a machine doesn't make you a business man and there is no offense intended. This job has been up here for awhile now and that tells me no one else agrees with you, which is a complete total shocker being that most of these jobs go for dirt cheap. Which also tells me that most the guys/shops on here that bid on these jobs don't have all the equipment to do the job or you just don't want to pay what the jobs worth. Being that my price has been just totally outrageous going off of your past posts, what are you expecting this job to be done for? I think thats what you need to do in your case is come out and say what your willing to pay and see if theres any bites out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-J View Post
    1/8 will work for 8ga and 3/16 is acceptable for 6ga

newarkprecision, I am an experienced CNC machinist currently running a Hass VH3 for the ITW corporation. I know the value of what I'm want done and the quote wasn't where it needs to be. So saying "normal response from buyer always higher than what I expect to pay" is a major Assumption on your part and you know what they say about assumption don't you