586,125 active members*
2,951 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: Where did you purchase your laser from?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legacy Lasers

5 16.13%
  • Epilog

4 12.90%
  • WK Laser

14 45.16%
  • Golden Laser

0 0%
  • Logilase

0 0%
  • Redsail

8 25.81%
Page 1 of 6 123

Hybrid View

Question Where did you purchase your laser??

Just curious, as I am planning on buying a laser in the near future where everyone purchased their lasers from. if your vendor is not in the poll option post it here. also post if your experience was great,good, or bad. No brand wars please.

Thanks!!
    Necessity is the mother of all invention (unknown)
    My club home page www.lhmac.org

Laser purchase

I bought my RL40-6040 from Ray Scott of scottware.net

Thanks for the link. Lots of good info on that site. how long ago was your purchase? any problems??

I bought my other laser from the Legacy Laser and the other one from Litografa. Both of them are very reliable and very helpfull vendors. I've purchased my Rabbit about 2 year's ago ( table 400x600mm / 60W ) and my GCC ( Spirit GX 60W ) I got in May/2010. Both of them working fine - some minor problems ( most of those my fault ). I can't see any reason to avoid these vendor's - I'm going to do some business with them also in the future !

Best regards
    - Hannu

I am leaning towards Legacy Lasers (1100 series 150 watt). this Scottware place seems to have decent lasers also that fit my needs, I sent them a e-mail and am awaiting a reply. I was curious what all the places were that had good service and good lasers.

I'll vote Dean/Legacy as you live in US I have a "little" distance between him and me, but still when I have any problems, he always answer asap... I've been also in straight touch with Rabbit in China and I've got some great help from them ! Litografa here in Europe is quite experiented with lasers but I think that he won't sell any Chinese lasers ( I'm not 100% sure ), but maybe he can give you some good advices...

- Hannu

Yeah Dean is about 4 hrs driving time from where I live and Scottware is about 6hrs. Local help is a Huge help. Thanks for the suggestions

Buy it from Full Spectrum Lasers LLC: www.fullspectrumengineering.com/co2laser.html

We are USA based and ship direct from our Las Vegas Warehouse.

We make our own control boards and our own direct to print drivers.

We are the ONLY low cost laser to allow you to direct print from any vector application including Microsoft Word.

Re: Where did you purchase your laser??

yea no customer support at all very rude people to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by fullspeceng View Post
    Buy it from Full Spectrum Lasers LLC: Full Spectrum Engineering

We are USA based and ship direct from our Las Vegas Warehouse.

We make our own control boards and our own direct to print drivers.

We are the ONLY low cost laser to allow you to direct print from any vector application including Microsoft Word.

Re: Where did you purchase your laser??

Just a update, my Rabbit is doing fine.
    Dennis

Fullspeceng, Nice lasers...I am in need of a much larger cutting area though. my material is around 27"x39". thanks for the link.

Scottware.net

I've had my RL40 6040 for about 4 months now. No problems so far.

We can special order any size laser for you.

Send us an email with your quote and link to website with the best price and we will see what we can do.

Scottware

Your best bet is to call Scott, as opposed to sending e-mail. Scott is on the road alot, delivering machines.

hi,you also can consider about our chinese laser cutting machine.
    can send me e-mail to know detail information.
    [email protected]
    We offer best quality and wonderful service.
    welcome to Zhiya.

we need to add Rabbit Laser to the poll.

Yep.. I buy my lasers from Rabbit Laser.
    I don't suppose that lets me vote 200 times...?

I am glad that someone wants to add Scottware to the list. I am a bit partial.. LOL...

I do want to clarify some items for the readers of this thread. My name is Raymond Scott. I am the owner of Scottware. Scottware was started ten years ago out of my home as an extreme hobby.. I made thousands of custom circuit boards and retrofitted a few dozen CNC machines. The hobby took a proud turn a few years ago when I pulled some friends together and invested in Laser Machines. Since then, the company has grown A LOT. The company now consists of a few full time employees: Carole(applications, quotes, testing), Brian(web, tutorials, sales, applications), and Ray(owner -whatever needs done). We have some employees that work as needed: Paul(testing, exhibit shows, applications), Terry(advisor), Vanessa(general labor), Stephie(pretty model for the exhibit shows). We are lucky enough to cooperate with several other companies that act as field sales and partnering products. Those specifics will be posted on the web site soon.

We tried to partner up with Tom and Dean (from Laser's Edge), but they weren't interested in that. Tom and Dean used to sell Rabbit Laser products. Scottware started selling the Rabbit products and requested an exclusive distribution agreement. Laser's Edge stopped selling Rabbit Laser products and had some other problems too... Tom and Dean aren't partners any more either... In stead of paying Tom for his portion of the company, Dean dropped the old company name and started a new business. This is why Dean now runs Legacy Lasers alone. I don't understand the "Legacy" part..?

The name "Scottware" was thought up with an inside definition of "things made by Scott". Scottware has grown a lot as a laser company.. It is really too much to be called scottware... so we are in the works of changing the name. We have no better reason to transition the company and to announce our solid distribution agreement with Jinan King Rabbit (the makers of Rabbit Laser). Our new "spinoff" company name is Rabbit Laser - USA. We can be found on the internet at www.rabbitlaserusa.com , www.rabbitlaser-usa.com , and www.rabbitlaser.us ... We are listed on the Rabbit Laser web site as the USA contact company .. http://www.rabbitlaser.com/index1.htm (bottom right). Let me clarify this.. "Spinoff" means that we continue to take care of all our previous customers and build a stronger relationship with our manufacturers, partners, and future customers. We have signed an exclusive distribution rights for the USA... This is because we want to be the best at helping our local customers.

What benefit is it for a USA customer to purchase from Scottware.net (rabbitLaserUSA.com) ?
    1) All the employees are degreed engineers. The paper degree doesn't mean everything, but we got a lot of experience to go with that.
    2) The machines are of good design and capability to last well beyond the stated warranty period, while maintaining the performance and precision. We know this from experience with the machines and because we are experienced engineers to recognize this. You trust engineers to make the airplanes you fly in... trust engineers to help you choose a good laser machine too.
    3) Our main location is just north of Cincinnati, OH. We have stock of laser machines, control panels, power supplies, laser tubes, motion controllers.. just about every piece you would need to fix'n yer laser. I speak pretty good english too.
    4) We provide setup and training at a better price than anyone else I know. Our list prices are better than other places. We put our delivery/setup/training so close to actual cost because we know that a well educated customer has a much higher rate of success. Successful customers are happy customers. We know that if a customer doesn't get good training, then they develop problems. .. and problems always come back to bite you in the _ss.
    5) We offer proud discounts and allow PO purchases for educational institutes. I have taught at Miami University.. so I know how difficult it is to get funding.. and how important it is to students to have adequate tools.
    6) We can connect to the customer computer to diagnos problem with the laser machine. This is a part of our "Help Desk" software. ..
    7) Every laser machine comes with a refurbished Dell computer system. This is so that the laser machine is a complete system.. ready for your business to start running.
    8) Every laser machine is checked out again in the USA... BEFORE it is delivered to the customer.
    9) The computer comes with software installed. Yes.. A "printer driver" is available. The "printer driver" has an additional cost and can work with standard software like the other companies claim. Some companies won't feel so special now.. Sorry. Actually, the printer driver that is claimed by the other company only has capability to process vector graphics into HPGL PLT files.

10) I (Ray Scott) went to China to make sure that the laser manufacturer has adequate spare parts, inventory tracking, sales teams, quality control, product documentation, problem resolution methods... machines are not assembled in the rain. The factory is not a flooded dirt floor. The employees are treated nicely. NO dumping of bad products or waste into the environment. I still hate their idea of a clean toilet.
    11)The owner of Jinan King Rabbit is a reputable and good-ethical person. I went to China to find the manufacturer that I would be proud to work with and would produce a machine that I could sell as a good product with strong supply chain support. While in China, I liked how I saw the machines being assembled. I like how the employees were treated, how they treated each other, and how they treated guests.

Scottware (Rabbit Laser USA) does not make laser machines... That is why they are called Chinese Lasers. The business action is to import 10 to 20 laser machines per shipment and check them out in our workspace. Every machine gets inspected and tested again. The laser machines are not all ordered for specific customers, but are an expectation of customer demand. You can always check our current inventory listings at the inventory pages.. http://www.scottware.net/inventory/main.html . Some machines are special ordered for customers. We can get any color, wattage, and a huge combination of workspace sizes. This means that if the laser machine of your interest is in stock, then you could have it at your site within a few days.

Our customers include retired people, high-schools, middle-schools, colleges, sign shops, fishing shops, brick yards, .. I don't care if you are Irish-Korean (a joke for people that like funny TV commercials). We treat every customer the same... the best that we can.

We have a cycle of sales and deliveries.. It feels like I travel a lot for two weeks.. then basically home for five weeks. Yes, the best way to contact me(Ray Scott) in a hurry is to use the phone.. (1-513-320-2748). I am not the only person you can talk to. Carole ([email protected]) can also do quotes, take care of general questions, guide through software, and help mitigate problems. Brian ([email protected]) is new to the company, but willing to dive into whatever you want help with.

Blah.. Blah.. Blah..

I Love this stuff..

Ray Scott

E-Mails sent to FullSpec and Vivinar. I'll try and give Scott a call this week.

Been E-mailing Ray Scott today. fast response and very knowledgeable. I have requested quotes from all the suppliers that have posted here.

laser print driver

Scottsware just imports Rabbit lasers (http://www.hxlaser.com)

I doubt he has them in stock and will need to import it from China which means a wait for 45-60 days.

Why go through a middle man with no added benefit? You can order through HX Rabbit directly.

If you purchase a laser from Full Spectrum Laser our lasers are direct from our own factory, we will supply our direct to print driver for free: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ9tvjPOGog"]YouTube- Full Spectrum Laser LLC Print Driver[/nomedia]

We wrote this driver so no one else will have it.

Page 1 of 6 123