586,270 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > Cannot get popup window to mirror sketch

Cannot get popup window to mirror sketch

Hi Everyone,

I am on the 30 day trial of Alibre Design Xpress Pro and am working my way through the tutorials, etc.

However, when following the steps in the tutorial for learning to use the extrude cut feature, I can't seem to actually mirror the line sketch. If you've ever done or seen this particular tutorial it involves making what appears could be a 4" Diameter bearing race. Not that that matters as I have also just tried mirroring a line and other simple drawings.

I do get a popup window when I click on the "feature mirror" tool but alas it doesn't work on 2D sketches. So I haven't been able to go any further. Is there a setting somewhere I could have turned off?

Has anyone experienced this before? I have closed Alibre and reopened. I have also restarted the computer.

Up until now everything was making sense, albeit just scratching the surface.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,
    Eric

Update,

I did an install on another computer for the trial and tried mirroring a sketch with it right away with no problems.

I guess I'll try uninstalling it on this computer. I'm using it b/c it is faster.

If anyone has other insight please let me know.

Eric