Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
Magnum164,
Here's the file. The only settings made are the stock properties, the top of part and depth of cut settings. It seems to tab. If you look at these values, see if you can then figure out how to get it to tab at a particular depth.

Seems the only obstacle is for having it tab at other than 2d depths??? You mentioned 3d models. This example is for using 2d geometry to have the profile operation work with contours. I have recently been fooling around with using the z level finish 3d toolpath as a profiling op on 3d geometry. I think it would work pretty good for this too, but havent done any specific example. I think for it to work well with the z-level op as a tabbing source, the "boundry" would need to force that "rapid between tabs"....I dont know if it would work this way or not. If you have an example, I would like to look at it with you.
Thanks I will try and look at this later tonight or this week. The z-level with 3D is where I have not had luck. At first my files posted, then calling up a few nights later the post failed. If I can part with a file I will send.