586,266 active members*
5,019 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > A Deer Accident Reminder

A Deer Accident Reminder

I was doing some research on animal / car accidents and found the link below..
    BE WARNED.. The pics are very graphic .. (dead deer)
    This is by far the worst I have ever seen...

BE WARNED.. THIS IS NO JOKE AND NOT FOR FAINT OF HEART

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=777869

Um ..........er...............I was expecting some sort of joke...........If blood and guts are not your thing, this is not a joke post.
    Thanks Murph for sharing the link...............I think...............
    Being outside the square !!!

I fixed it....

Edit to put a warning in.....

They must have traveled at some speed.
    Lucky it was not a moose... then it would have been really messy...

Quote Originally Posted by wile_e
    I had always thought people who hit dear where probably driving to fast, not looking, etc etc..

Until the day I hit one....
    I was traveling 30 mph in a 45 mph zone..

I was going to hit it 3 seconds before it really happened.. (at least it seemed like 3 seconds as I remember having plenty of time to consider options)..
    There was NOTHING I could have done short of hit the brakes and try to go around it.. which I did and the deer jumped right into me..

Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by wile_e

man oh man we just had someone hit a moose a couple weeks ago looked like it did nothing more then kill the moose it was still one piece about an hour after i passed and saw it i guess a couple kids were driving down the road saw it lost control of thier car and hit it and ended up rolling thier car
    ... it just sliced the moose a bit but it totalled the camero they were in

One night I was in Marco Island Florida back in the early eighties and my young wife and two young children and a friend of mine all on vacation. Me and my buddy had been out shrooming (psiloscybin picking) that day and around dark we all decided to pack up the 63 Chevy Impala and go to Key West for a day or two. So anyway's I ran over an alligator going down the Tamiami Trail at around midnight. It was bigger than the car. We turned around and got back just in time to see it limp off into the canal. There was a piece of gator about the size of a 90 lb sack of mortar laying in the middle of the road. What a trip (literally) huh? By the way that site is disgusting, but interesting, I geusse.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

One night me and my dad was driving on a local 6 lane highway. My dad was at the wheel, we were in the passing lane passing another car. Just as we came over this hill I noticed something on the highway. My dad did not see it until it was two late, and there was not enough time for me to say anything. Just before we hit it I noticed it was a deer laying on the ground tring to raise its head up (I guess it had already been hit just before we got there). We hit the deer, go on two wheels with the passenger side raised off the ground about 2ft or so. We still have the car we were passing beside us and I don't know how we didn't hit it. After we clear the deer we quckly pull off the road and make sure everthing is all right. The only damage the car had was it broke one of the head lights and the grill, bent the front of the hood a little and bend the bottom of the floor board on the passenger side just infront of the back seat. Luckly it wasn't as bad as the one on the link above.

Good lord Murph-that's yucky. I'm looking down at a plate of crepes with strawberry jelly smeared all over. Not sure I'm hungry anymore.

Evodyne

I saw three deer running from the right towards the road I was driving on and slammed on the brakes. One of the deer used my left front fender as a springboard. That thing was way over my head at the highest point in it's trajectory. Really gave me perspective on how fatal deer-car collisions happen. If it had gone through the windshield, i'd have been a goner. About that same time a couple living near my wife's aunt were killed when they hit a deer.

The I saw a moose in the flesh I was driving through the northeast corner of Utah. A moose 20 feet off the side of the road eating happily. My wife panicked, and told me to slow down. I scoffed, but just then the moose turned and started to walk in front of us. I managed to stop without hitting it and got to watch the undercarriage of a moose as it slowly walked across the road. If I'd hit it, it would have crushed us flat.

I got an email a while back where the deer "jumped" thru a car, the hind quarters were on the hood and the head was hanging out of the rear window, I'll see if I still have the pics. BTW the closest I've come to hitting a deer was when the side mirror on my truch smacked a deer's nose, so I guess I have hit one...
    On all equipment there are 2 levers...
    Lever "A", and Lever F'in "B"