587,048 active members*
2,832 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile About CO2 Laser engraving & Cutting machines work

Work Principle of laser engraving machine - laser engraving and cutting, the process is very simple, like using the computer and printer to print on paper.Win98/Win2000/WinXP You can Win98/Win2000/WinXP environment using a variety of graphics processing software, such as CorelDraw, etc. to design, scanning of graphics, vector illustrations and a variety of CAD files can easily "print" to the engraving machine in the. The only difference is, print the toner to the paper coating, while the laser is shining a laser engraving wood, Kerouac tablets, plastic sheeting, metal, stone and other materials on almost all.

from side to side, each carving out a series of points formed by the line, and then the laser moves up and down while carving out a number of lines, and finally full-page image or text. Scan graphics, text and vector graphics using the lattice can be carved.

Vector cutting and engraving different lattice, vector cutting is the outer contour line in the graphics were. We usually use this in wood, Kerouac grain, paper and other materials to penetrate the cut surface can also be carried out in a variety of marking operations.

Engraving speed: engraving speed refers to the speed of laser head movement, usually IPS (inches / sec) that bring high-speed productivity. Speed is also used to control the cutting depth, for a particular laser intensity, the slower the speed, depth of cutting or carving the greater. You can use engraving machine panel adjust the speed, the computer can also be used to adjust the print driver. 1% to 100% of the range of adjustment is 1%. Hummer machine [/URL]advanced motion control system can make your high-speed carving, still get the quality of ultra-fine engraving

Engraving strength: strength that shines on the carving surface laser intensity. Rate for a particular sculpture, the greater the intensity, depth of cutting or carving the greater. You can use engraving machine panel intensity adjustment, the computer can also be used to adjust the print driver. 1% to 100% of the range of adjustment is 1%. The greater the intensity equal to the greater speed. Depth of cut deeper
    laser beam spot size can be used to adjust the lens of different focal lengths. Small spot of the lens for high resolution engraving. Great spot for the low-resolution lens engraving, but for vector cutting, it is the best option. The new equipment standard is 2.0 inch lens. The spot size in the middle for various occasions.
    Can be carved materials : wood, glass, metal plates, glass, stone, crystal, Corian, paper, color plates, aluminum, leather, resin, spray metal.

http://perfectlaser.en.alibaba.com
    http://www.perfectlaser.net
    E-mail: [email protected]

Address: Phoenix Science& technology Zone, No 154,
    Zhongbei Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan City, Hubei, China

phone:+ 86-27-86791986
    Fax: + 86-27-86775865

Perfectlaser009 - thanks for your information. This info could be helpful for newby. But trust me - people will HIGHLY APPRECIATE if you
    1) will not put in your post 5 (five) links to your site
    2) will not post standart stamps like "Need more information for the Engraving Machine, please feel free to contact –China Perfect Laser!"
    3) will not put in post all your contact information, especially I am crazy from your personal e-mail addresses - why do not use you company's addresses ?
    Nothing personal - just business and forum ethics.

And, honey, all peoples here know that perfect lasers and good support is only in one company (nuts) Today I will not post here name of this laser monster :bat:

Litografa,
    Thanks for your kindly advice

Quote Originally Posted by perfectlaser009 View Post
    ... The greater the intensity equal to the greater speed.
    Are you sure of that? - I would have thought "..the greater intensity equal to a slower speed "

Quote Originally Posted by kewlkiwi View Post
    Are you sure of that? - I would have thought "..the greater intensity equal to a slower speed "
    No, perfectlaser is correct. If you increase beam intensity (more energy) you can potentially cut at a faster rate for the same depth, but of course there are other factors in the equation so it isn't always that simple.

Zax.

It doesn't help that his English translation is rather... lacking.

edit:
    Nope, I'm still not sure he's right.

He said: "The greater the intensity equal to the greater speed"
    which I translated to English as: "Increasing the power is the same as increasing the speed"

...which just isn't right.

If you increase the power (leaving speed the same) the cutting depth will increase (more power going in to the job).

If you increase the speed (leaving the power the same) the cutting depth will _decrease_ (less power over time at any one spot)

So how can a 'greater intensity' be equal to a 'greater speed' ?

Or is my translation of the strange sentence wrong?

kewlkiwi... you are correct, but I interpreted what he was saying as 'more power equals more speed'. Meaning you can increase speed if you increase power, but I agree it isn't the best translation.

I spend a lot of time in China, and my Mandarin is worse than his English (ok, a lot worse) but I think that was what he was trying to say.

Zax.

If one is engraving and the cut depth is not deep enough, the user can increase laser intensity or decrease speed. Is there ever a good reason to decrease the speed? If you have either option, why would you want to wait longer for the job to finish?

Because if tube (especially glass) work on their maximum power, it will work shorter time.

Is the quality of the engraving as good with higher laser power? In other words, is there quality benefit from slowing the speed?

Gary,

I cut a lot of acrylic and initially I had problems with poor edge quality. I noticed from videos posted on youtube that professionals were cutting acrylic very slowly (much slower than I was cutting it) and they were getting good results. I halved my feedrates and reduced the power setting accordingly and immediately started getting the quality edges that I required.
    Although the power density may be the same between (high speed / high power) and (low speed / low power) the materials thermal transfer rate is a constant therefore, like all materials, there are ideal speeds and feeds for cutting and engraving.

Tweakie.

CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Tweakie - what is brand and power of your laser? Could you post here file with this bycicles?

Litografa,

My machine is home built and quite a lot different from most - I run GCode.

Not sure if this will be any use to you but I have attached the bike file.

Tweakie.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't use Gcode on our lasers :drowning:

Work is perfect - what is types of your drives (motors)?

Litografa,

Sorry - sometimes I use HPGL but not for this one.

My stepper motors are Swiss. http://www.sonceboz.com/medias/produ...600-30-v08.pdf

Tweakie.

Litografa,

If you want the bike clipart, and it's ok with Tweakie, I can export the GCODE as .dxf, .eps etc.

Zax.

If you want the bike clipart, and it's ok with Tweakie, I can export the GCODE as .dxf, .eps etc.
    That's fine by me guys.

Tweakie.

OK, well if anyone wants it...

(just remove the .txt from the eps version since it isn't an allowed file format)

Zax.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank's, zax15uk
    I will try to cut on my GCC laser tomorrow. But have feeling that result will be not so perfect like Tweakie's