586,608 active members*
3,676 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Linux plasma/laser nesting program

I've done a little searching, but I can't seem to find anything. Jetcam is one of the CAD/CAM nesting softwares out there. Available programs to use under windows, seem to be in the $5000 to $10000 price.

Frankly, I prefer Linux to windows, and would love to avoid the huge expenses associated with running windows.

So, is there a 2d nesting program that can import dxf's, nest the files onto sheets, and output g-code?

Try sheetcam.

it looks promising, but I don't think it supports indexing. Something I need, maybe I can find a work around. Other then that, it's just what I was looking for. Thanks.

Do you need 4'th axis (indexing). It is not directly possible with sheet cam, but can be done with additional software.

I do not need rotary style indexing. My laser works in a 50" x 50" area, and can reposition. This reposition, or indexing, allows use of standard material sheets of 48" x 96".

There are workarounds for it, but if it's native to the software, better results are achieved.

the nestprofessor is a small true shape nesting software, it can meet your needs.

To run it under Linux system, you can install a tool named WINE, launch the wine , then load the nestprofessor exe file. you can get what you want now.

You can download and try it.

www.nestprofessor.com

Smile

Hi

The NestProfessor is upgraded and many new features are implemented, you would be surprised at the nesting speed and material utilization. and we provide more detail nesting report.

the trial version can be downloaded from our website Nest Professor -True Shape Nesting/Layout Software/Tool , feel free to contact us if you have any question. [email protected]