586,362 active members*
3,150 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > EDM Discussion General Topics > Elox-Fanuc series 0 Wire Cut: Healthy cut speed?

Question Elox-Fanuc series 0 Wire Cut: Healthy cut speed?

Hi All,

I have a Elox Fanuc series 0 wire cut EDM. I am not the original owner of the machine, so I don't know what kind of cutting speed I should expect. I was hoping someone on here who has a similar machine could give me an idea what kind of cutting speed the machine is capable of.

I could cut some material and report my cutting speed and we could compare notes. I'm not looking for someones "secret recipe", just a hand to make sure my machine is healthy.

Any help is much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Roger

Depending on thickness I can get 6 square inches in an hour........

Quote Originally Posted by gabedrummin View Post
    Depending on thickness I can get 6 square inches in an hour........
    Thanks for replying,

I'm not sure I know what 6 square inches mean. Does that mean 6" long cut in 1" thick material? I'm kind of new here (WEDM) and don't understand all the terminology. Is the 6 square inches in aluminum or other material? I'm thinking of duplicating the cut to see how mine is doing.

Thanks,

Roger

I can usually get the machine to move .100 per minute when cutting . If thre block is one inch tall and machine is cutting at .100 per minute you will cut 6.00 inches in an hour . If the block is 2.00 inches tall and your feed is .050 your cutting 3.00 linear inches per hour. The taller the block the slower these machines cut. One of the biggest factors is power and ground cables.They need to be clean no corrosion no spliced together joints the power feed contacts need to be clean and rotated every so often the di water resistance needs to be correct.and of course your cutting settings . Tell me what settings you use and how tall the block is and what type of material...