586,390 active members*
3,087 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Door open request

Ok, a little background info....
    I'm a machine operator with just enough programming knowledge to get myself in trouble. We have 3 Doosan 4020 mills. Two of them are about 2 1/2 years old and the other is about 6 months old. All three run fanuc 21 controls. The two older machines we can program the door open M code at the end of the cycle in parenthesis and just open the door at the end of the cycle without having to push the door open request button on the control panel. The newer machine does nothing with this M code. And as an operator it's quite the pain to have to reach over and push the door open button every time. I've asked management to look into it and nothing so I'm trying to find the solution on my own. The only thing I can figure is it's an option issue even though all 3 are suppose to be the same, or it's a variation in the fanuc 21 versions(i vs ti?). Or was there an M code change?
    Thanks.

Out of curiosity, what M-code are you programming for "door open"?

M54

Strangely, both the old Daewoo manual and the newer Doosan manual designate M54 for "Parts Counter". The only reference I can find in the newer manual is M52 for "Auto Door Open".

Have you looked in the blue binder for a keep relay that may enable an M-code for door open request?

some controls allow you to just shut it off/on. go to your settings page on the screen.

The older machines didn't come with manuals for whatever reason although there was some documentation faxed as a supplement to the missing manuals. The sales rep helped us set them up for our particular needs which is mostly bolt holes in drums and hubs for tractor trailers and semis. So the M54 came from him I do believe. The newer one did come with a manual but us peons in the shop don't really have access to them in the off shifts as they are locked in the production manager's office.
    I thought the M54 was odd as well, but didn't doubt it too much since our doosan vertical lathes use M11/M12 for door open/close and our daewoo vertical lathes use M52/M53. And with the mill not have auto doors I guessed that it could be a different M code.
    I think my only option is to go in on 2nd shift and see if the supervisor/engineer will let me dig through the manual since my job is to make chips not worry about a minor inconvenience that only cost me 1 or 2 seconds per cycle.

What's the serial number of the new machine (that's giving you the issue)?

Got a look at the manual and the m54 is for the counter. So that means that the door unlock is happening on the end program (m30) command on the other two machines i would think. It is the only code after the m54. There was a door open m code in the manual (m52) which i tried in mdi mode and it did nothing other than keep the program start button lit up for a bit before I reset it.
    Just for the record the end programming is all pretty common stuff. (At least with my limited knowledge.)
    G0 G28 Z0;
    G0 G28 Y0;
    G0 G54 X-4.0
    (M54);
    M30;
    So here's the model, serial etc. on the tag on the machine.

Model # mv4020
    Serial # AV5E3489
    Mfr Date 7/2009

I do appreciate everyone's help.

Keep relay 15.7 should enable door interlocks after M30.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar
    Keep relay 15.7 should enable door interlocks after M30.
    Remember I'm just an operator with a little programming knowledge. That was mostly greek to me. I wouldn't know how or where to check that relay.
    But thank you so very much for your help. It's frustrating to me that I had to seek help here when I should have been able to find answers within my own shop.

You have to turn on PWE to change keep relays.
    1. Select MDI mode,
    2. Press [OFFSET/SETTING] - look for PARAMETER WRITE = 0.
    3. Key in 1, then INPUT to enable it. ALARM will flash - just ignore it.
    4. Press SYSTEM.
    5. Press [PMC] soft key.
    6. Press [PMC PRM] soft key.
    7. Press [KEEPRL] soft key.
    8. Cursor down to K15, then cursor right to the left-most column (bits are numbered 76543210). It will probably be 0.
    9. Key in 1, then INPUT
    10. Go back to OFFSET/SETTING and change PARAMETER WRITE back to 0.

That should be it.

Awesome. Just got your reply at the start of the shift and since we're starting a setup for the next job, I took advantage of the downtime and tried it out. Worked fine.
    Thanks for your help.
    Now I'm going to assume that the same can be done for M0 but its a different bit stream and/or relay?

Re: Door open request

dcoupar I tried this on a Yama Seiki with a Fanuc oi-mc control and no luck any suggestions?
    mod# VMB 1020
    ser# 8040
    mfg date: OCT 2008

Re: Door open request

Keep Relays, though provided by Fanuc, are assigned, through ladder programming, from the Manufacturer.

So, if it were available, it isn't likely that Yama Seiki would assign the same Keep relay that Doosan did...
    Doosan Service Technician
    [email protected] O:973-618-2461 M:973-803-9479

Cool Re: Door open request

Quote Originally Posted by dhardt View Post
    Keep Relays, though provided by Fanuc, are assigned, through ladder programming, from the Manufacturer.

So, if it were available, it isn't likely that Yama Seiki would assign the same Keep relay that Doosan did...
    Tank you! I will try to locate the ladder logic electrical schematics and go from there thanks again.