586,588 active members*
2,500 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EXo296 (224) alarm

Hello. I have a Mori Seiki SV-503 vert machining center that I can't get alarm EXO296 alarm to go away. It has the number "0" on the servo drive. I have very limited info that came with the machine. Would anyone know how I might be able to get rid of this alarm. Thank you.

If it is a small, yellow box-looking drive, it's a beta drive. A "0" usually means that the magazine needs a zero return performed. You can access the alarm menu of that beta drive thru the PMM menu.
    Push "System" hard key.
    Push "NC System" soft key.
    Now push the right soft arrow key untill you see "PMM" as an option on the soft keys.

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll see what I can dig up.
    [email protected]

Here is a procedure on an SV-40. Should be pretty close.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you, I will try it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaherrera3499 View Post
    Here is a procedure on an SV-40. Should be pretty close.
    Ha, I have the same procedure. If battery's were lost, you should only have to go to field adjust and turn on the D data. Grid shift should not be required. I have had some machines that the manual jog was too slow to initialize the servo encoder. If you keep coming up with a 090 alarm post back.

I think you can change PMM parameter 40 to speed up the magazine. This will allow the one count to be read.
    I've done the procedure 4 or 5 times on a MV-653 and it seems as though I always end up toggling 11.0 at tool pot 1 then grid shifting a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    If you keep coming up with a 090 alarm post back.
    The only alarm I get is the EX296. I tried to perform the procedure that was recommended and and I think the differences are enough that it wont work. I tried several times, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ceilingwalker View Post
    The only alarm I get is the EX296. I tried to perform the procedure that was recommended and and I think the differences are enough that it wont work. I tried several times, nothing.
    Does this machine also have a pallet changer?

Quote Originally Posted by jaherrera3499 View Post
    Does this machine also have a pallet changer?
    No pallet changer

I had this alarm also, we changed a parameter and it's gone, but now I have ALARM EX0296 (319). We have no alarm manual, so we do not know what to do, maybe someone had this problem before or an alarm decription.

Yor help is appreciated.

Greg.

we changed a parameter and it's gone, but now I have ALARM EX0296 (319).
    What machine are you working on (is it a Morri Seiki machining center), what model? What parameter number did you change and why?
    If your original problem was the same as mine (I believe it was a 224), I would probably return the parameter you changed, back to its original value. Then scroll down until you see an attached word doc. Follow that instruction to the letter and you should be ok, IF it's the same problem I was having. I had to slow-down the tool chain a little (as someone advised) because "bumping" the chain in both directions to get the pot to line up properly to set the zero position, wasn't happening at it's original speed. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GPena View Post
    I had this alarm also, we changed a parameter and it's gone, but now I have ALARM EX0296 (319). We have no alarm manual, so we do not know what to do, maybe someone had this problem before or an alarm decription.

Yor help is appreciated.

Greg.
    It appears as though the magazine has not rotated 1 complete turn. Here is a PDF of the alarm.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: EXo296 (224) alarm

Hi
    I have trouble Mori seiki machine SV403 magazine servo alarm show on screen. How to procedure bita drive zero return. Now bita drive 11 number show and U showing on drive display. please help me .

Thank you