586,964 active members*
2,643 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

Had to jump in the fun too

I had been lurking around the benchtop millling machines forum for a few weeks looking for general info that would help me with my G0704, and stumbled into the CNC- DIY routers category, that was a big mistake .
    Now couple weeks and about $700 later, after reading, I think, every build post and opinion on every component I could find, which I'm sure was not near enough, I got the frame built, with all 3 axis rails and everything installed. ( I think )
    I looked at several builds posted here, first deciding that a wood frame was not for me and after seeing what was available in my price range I came up with this type of machine, like several designs and the ones gio666 shows. I thought it would work best for me, it's ended up with about a 30" X travel and 32" Y travel, and I think I have about 6" clearance at the gantry and alot more z travel than that or I nedded.
    I don't have any desire to cut anything specific, I would like to be able to do a variety if materials and sizes and I'm thinking possibly after a while different spindles, right now it's probably going to be something inexpensive.
    I have the screws and ball nuts ordered, and am thinking that the cncrouterparts 3 axis electronic kit, since I know nothing about the electronics, would be best for me being basically a plug and play solution, my question is if the 380 oz would be large enough for this machine.
    I've measured what I can to see how it is tracking and dial gauges show the rails and ganty are way closer tolerance than I imagined but I need a table on it and legs to get more accurate readings, there coming soon also.

Please criticize or comment as I probably am missing some major componant or issue with getting this machine running which is my main goal at this point...

thanks ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0430.jpg   IMG_0431.jpg   IMG_0434.jpg   IMG_0436.jpg  

IMG_0438.jpg   IMG_0437.jpg