586,345 active members*
3,417 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile FANUC 21TA PARAMETER ISSUES

Hi Guys , I got a mori seiki lathe and i lost my parameters due to bad battery cable connection. Luckilly when i first got the machine I downloaded all the parameters to a pc and saved them. But i only downloaded parameters ... was there more I should have done ?? good enough do i have enough info to get the machine running again ??? I'm just concerned about ladder? but I know nothing about it . I am unconcerned with nc programs , offsets ,macros etc. I'm going to try to upload the file as there are s***loads of them. Any advice greatly appreciated.
    I have a S1 LED ON in p/supply unit in the while in the 'no parameter' situation
    910 PARITY ERROR 4(N) I'm hoping this will disappear when i load the parameters.

Thanks in Advance.

You will need the 9000 option parameters as well as the user para.
    Often these get overlooked when saving the parameters.
    The 9000's are the different features purchased by the MTB.
    Timer and counter values may be needed. The ladder is usually stored on a eprom cassette.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Yes, you should have backed up the machine side parameters as well, through the pmc side. Mori uses a lot of keep relays, d-data, g counters, counters, etc. The machines always came with a hard copy, should be with a binder that says service documents, would have the electrical prints and data sheets with it. If you don't have it let me know, but post machine type, and ser# and options like live tooling, sub spindle etc. Just be aware that there are a couple gotchas when loading parameters by hand.

i've hand loaded all the parameters in now . i get is 506 and 507 OT alarms and the. can anyone help me get rid of these please ? thanks , btw p + can with power up doeosnt clear tem .

most probably the ladder is missing. I think this machine w/21TA came with a pcmcia card mends for ladder restoration.