586,909 active members*
3,440 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal is back on top!!! NOW WITH PICS!!
Page 1 of 3 123

Fadal is back on top!!! NOW WITH PICS!!

The new Fadal's come with a Fanuc control and Fanuc motors!!

One mold made the same time on a Kitamura and a Fadal took the same amount of time and measured out the same!! Price difference...about $110K

Awesome!!

WOW

That is debatable!

Why did Fadal have to give up "the one thing that they developed" to actually compete with the Fanuc controlled CNC machines out there?

Why did the Fanuc control have to be chosen, in order to get back on "the top of your list"?

Is a low purchase price the most important factor to get "on top"?

Do you have one of these Fadal CNC machines with a Fanuc control?
    Scott_bob

Well we all know why they had to switch controllers...the latest controller was horrid and had tons of revisions and was rushed out the door. The story goes like this.

Fadal was having MAJOR headaches with their controller and asked Fanuc to bail them out. Fanuc sent a team of their best to California to help setup the controller. Fadal also (I cant tell when) switched to the japanese tool chager and changes tools just like the high buck competitors. Their controller couldnt compete so they joined them.....LOL.

Off topic the funniest thing I heard over the Fadal Haas debate was Fadals are made on Fadals and Hass's are made on mori's.....

I am not affiliated with Fadal at all....just a very happy customer

Quote Originally Posted by carbidecraters
    I am not affiliated with Fadal at all....just a very happy customer
    Do you have a new Fadal?
    Which control?
    Scott_bob

4020 FANUC!!!! All FANUC!!!!

Fadals make great boat anchors. I would put my Haas against one any day.

Haas has a nice control but it cant compare to the new versions of fanuc...

I would love to hear how your Haas would eat any fadal... thats not a very intelligent statement. ....almost matches my Fadal is back on top statement . I would be willing to bet that in two years the Fadal lineup will be more popular than the Haas. Most salesmen of the high end machines will call the Fadal and Haas the "throw away" machine center even though they make up 85% of the market. The big difference now between higher end japanese VMC's and Fadals are

1. american castings
    2. coolant and oiling systems

Thats it now that they use the ultra quick japanese rotary style tool changers and the fanuc motors and controllers. In the realm of medium duty machining its hard to beat the japanese company fanuc for their motors and controller systems...in fact I dont think anyone has come close except Mazak

Quote Originally Posted by carbidecraters

...in fact I dont think anyone has come close except Mazak
    Mazak is/was mainly Mitsubishi, with The odd Fanuc.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

You mean the mazatrol....I think that is the closest competitor for the fanuc. I have seen some good conversational and some horrid conversational controls

You mean the mazatrol....I think that is the closest competitor for the fanuc
    Mazatrol is the brand name for Mazak controllers. Components are Mitsubishi. Al is correct.

Hello guys,
    I can't help but want to get in on this debate.
    I am at a interesting position at my job. I am in charge of 3 machines. A Mazak FJV , A Fadal, and a Mori Seiki. I have also spent consideable time on a haas. Each machine has it's good and bad. The haas is a good all around light machining center. The Fadal has one of the easier controls I have used. But it like the haas, has to little a*s behind it and the tool changers are painfully slow, especially the Fadal. Our Mazak's control is pretty easy, and the one thing no other machine tool can touch, is the PROBE. You can just about throw your indicator away. I guess it's not fair to put the Mori in this debate, the Fanuc controll is relitivly easy. It has a learning cure, but not to much. But if you need your machine to squat and take a cut, with a chip to chip tool change time as fast as lightning, you can't beat the Mori.

Dalen

Soo true on the mori....now that fadal has the mori style tool changer and the fanuc it is pretty bad ass... They needed to get away from that carousel

OMG 104D awwwkk!!! STAY AWAY !!!!!

i never belived in a ghost in the machine but after spending 6 months with a fadal 104d control , i have seen the light let me tell you.

could be an awesome control, so close and yet so far away. WAY!! to many bugs , i think i could hack a better control together with an abacus.

anyway we told fadal to come get there machine and replace it with a brand new machine with a different control or give it to us for free and pay us to beta test there control ,

they chose to replace it,go figure.

i give them credit for eating that one.

I just really find it hard to believe that control ever left there plant, kinda makes me worried about whats going on out there.

When you say better what do you mean?

Better can mean any one of several things. There is always better machinery out there no matter what you have. You can buy one off custom machinery to beat a Yassada, mori anything. BUT it cost MONEY.

In my book value is what I judge things buy. what can you build for your money spent on machinery?

I would rather sell alot for a little than a little for alot.

All the guys who get rich in the machining buisness that I know. have 20 year old machines (junk) on their floor cranking out parts.
    granted they are cheap parts but part never the less.

so lets compare apples to apples. who has 85% of the market??? HMMM..... must be something there... and you can say anything you like about throw away but I know at least 10 companies that are local the make aerospace, helicopter, and medical parts all very tight tolerence and they all have those cheap throw away machines.....

So coming from a pretty succesful buisness OWNER ya its nice to have those *****en high end chip eating metal monster Cadillac style machines but lets be real and make some money and buy the one that fits the job.

BTW the most popular machine in any field is usually not the top of the line. but They usually dont get to be popular because they are "cheap throw away machines". And when was the last time the Sales guys knew anything other than how to get you to buy the machine. How many of those sales guys do you think actually did thier time in this industry. And How much more commision do you think they make on those high end machines.. (not the fadlals). Besides you think the fadals will stick with the fanuc control? or is it a short term fix to pull their a$$ out of the fire from the 104d control? (BTW I like fadals, its what i learned on)
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Quote Originally Posted by WOLOG
    Fadals make great boat anchors. I would put my Haas against one any day.
    We have both Fadals and Hass. They both work great for us, but I would rather do maintenance on a Fadal any day. I am the 3rd shift Maintenance Tech. I hate the Haas's when it comes to doing anything to them.
    Larry

Now with Pics...

Here is where your Fadal Control should be!

Off,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oldb.jpg  
    Scott_bob

I ust have a subscription to all my posts...I have to change that. Scott what the heck are you talking about?

Included a pic of the CNC88 control removed...

What is that PC in this Fadal Control Panel?

You guessed it! It's a PC, ya baby, and this CNC now makes motion faster and more accurately than I have ever seen any machine do. On Fadal iron? Yep, old school tool changer, had to add a skirt around that carrosel though to protect tapers from chips and coolant.

Would you believe F500. (Five Hundred) inches per minute and features that are machined at this feed are within .002
    How can that be? Acceleration and deceleration and servo control...

Amazed,

How would you like to test that Fanuc controlled Fadal?
    http://www.cnczone.com/modules.php?n...viewfile&id=53
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC6b.jpg  
    Scott_bob

anyone that is defending the 104d control either 1 is trying to sell one or b , has never machined a part on the machine

I have 3 olther fadals with the 88 control. they make the same parts as the 180K micron high speed machining center we have . im all about value and fadal has that, do you really need a colored screen to make parts...no a fancy touchpad, those do not add value

they just made a mistake with the 104d

Scott that is cool....can tehballscrews handle it?

yeah 104 sucked...I think the fanuc will be a hit with fadal

Page 1 of 3 123