Hello
Here is the issue here. On 2 parts that had to be faced I have home set measured it with a mic on the fixed plate on the cross slide and the x travel also the first reading was 1.530 and it faced it fine with no nipple. Next one was 1.523 with a big nipple (cause's problems with starting the drilling of course) Managed anyway nest one was 1.527 and nest was 1.517 and next was 1.504 their is no play / Backlash on the slide what so ever i had a indicator on it and pushed it back & forth is it the controler since my last post i have done 6 parts and this is a joke WTF any Ideas my last post is below

Thanks Austin

This MicroKinetics CNC Lathe I had purchased used that was only 1 ½ years old that had had only a few hours on it has got to be the biggest mistake I have ever made.
It’s absolutely a piece if you know what. I had finely got a job to drill 200 aluminum parts in 2.5 Dia by 3.5 long and face both sides I had set the start position. and several times so far after doing only 60 or so parts I had to change both the Z & X setting on the code by close to 0.030 plus or minus in either direction. And now I have to reset the start position because the X axis messed up again and kept going after it was suppose to stop and ruin the part and I had to use the emergency stop.
This machine was a problem from the start because the encoder and the drive rack times out I had paid for tech support and could get nowhere at all unless I paid extra and shipped it back and at this point I had already had close to 8 grand into this machine with the tooling I had bought. So I had requested a refund on the support and received it so that was good.
If your making wood parts this machine may be good for you I’ll have it for sale here soon I’m really sick of this piece of you know what.
Or my other option is to re retrofit it to a better controller and run mach 3 so if any of you out their have a good controller and software let me know this machine’s controller could never do any precise work such as ball mold cavities where tolerance’s are important I find it really hard to believe that this CNC lathe made the parts that are on their webpage. The videos that they show are of simple turning and I can’t even imagine this lathe doing internal threading or even external.
And yes I had checked all the bolts on the ball screws for back lash and that also brings up the other issue I had before on the Z axis and the locking collar that had kept moving whenever I had used the rapid transverse move that had happened several time I don’t even use the G00 code in fear of that happening again and yes the set screw is tight. In my opinion they should use a torque coupling for the axis.
This machine is a poorly designed and I would not recommend it. It’s a piece of you know what I could be doing these parts instead of complaining about it so far it’s taken 2 days to do 60 parts face both sides chamfer the edge and drill a hole in the center.
Also the Turn Master pro program is junk the wizard program will take a wizard to make it work such as the threading option what a nightmare I’m SICK SICK SICK Of this Unit. If you purchases this and have the same issues leave a post here but don’t say I didn’t warn you. Also please let me know if you know where I can purchases a retro fit kit the lathe its self is somewhat reliable.
Thanks Austin
www.ClassicCannons.com