586,361 active members*
3,560 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > NEED A 5T EXPERT! MEMORY FULL, ALM-70? TAPE READER RUNNING??

Unhappy NEED A 5T EXPERT! MEMORY FULL, ALM-70? TAPE READER RUNNING??

Hi, all! Another Newbie here in distress!! Tried scanning some older 5T problem posts, looking for answers so I don't bother you guys for nothing, but no luck. So here goes. I bought an old P&W turnmate cnc lathe from a freind about a month back. I knew the machine was old, but I knew the machine, and my buddy was the original owner. Machine ran well until disconnected. Brought it down to my shop, and wired her up. So far I can jog and zero the axis, command moves in mdi., no problem. No alarm light on, and ready light is on. Try to go to edit and make a simple program, no-go. Comes up with alarm#70 (memory full) If i go into edit and scan, nothing is there?. Same in memory, can't find anything?? Went to the parameter page, all seems well there. Tried C-delete, nothing. Machine will work in MDI but will not take any info in edit. I never ran a 5T, maybe I'm missing something?? I know 6T's and old single display Yasnac 2000G's, I thought this contol was similar?? Next problem, I also cannot get the spindle to fire up. In jog it takes the command from the pushbutton on control CW or CCW, light comes on like its running but don't. Also in MDI, if I type M03, S500, it takes the info, but nothing happens. No signs of any alarm. Could these problems be related?? I also notice the the capstan roller in the tape reader is running. As soon as the machine powers up, it starts, and I cannot shut it off. Is this supposed to be happening?? Or again, is there major problems somewhere. I've checked what fuses I have found. Nothing seems blown?? Sorry for the lengthy post. I'd appreciate ANY help/info offered!!

okay, I found out the tape reader is not giving the problem. So scratch that question. Still can't get the spindle to run, and still have the #70 alarm when I try to input any code Says memory full, but I can't find any programs saved???? Sombody save me, please!!!

Hey there

The tape reader motor will run when the machine is on . normal
    you may have to input a gear range command before the spindle will start.
    On the FX25 they are m38 & m39 input start then s500 m03.
    Just a guess but the memory is cloudy and taking the battery off is a good way to clear it ,you will have to reinstall the parameters but allowing it to power down and clear should stop the error,also carefully removing and reinstalling each memory chip is a next step..if there are four banks you can remove bottom two or three rows and start it that way.
    Try to find a maintenance manual for that machine the commands specific to it will be in there ,the fanuc manual are just about the control.
    I have mfunc list and can write a small program that i know is correct and then you can look for problems elsewhere.
    P

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pippenger View Post
    The tape reader motor will run when the machine is on . normal
    you may have to input a gear range command before the spindle will start.
    On the FX25 they are m38 & m39 input start then s500 m03.
    Just a guess but the memory is cloudy and taking the battery off is a good way to clear it ,you will have to reinstall the parameters but allowing it to power down and clear should stop the error,also carefully removing and reinstalling each memory chip is a next step..if there are four banks you can remove bottom two or three rows and start it that way.
    Try to find a maintenance manual for that machine the commands specific to it will be in there ,the fanuc manual are just about the control.
    I have mfunc list and can write a small program that i know is correct and then you can look for problems elsewhere.
    P
    Thanks for the post Paul, but unfortunetly I'm still not running! Yes, I did realize the tape reader is supposed to run. My stupitity. My machine does not have a transmission/gearbox so there is no M38 or 39 for shifting gears. I do still have this damn memory full alarm when going into edit mode, but I guess I'll hold off on that problem until I can get the spindle to start. Its weird, in MDI, I can command M03, S300, cycle start, and a relay clicks, and the operation light above the spindle start switch comes on like it thinks its running!! I'm lost here.. I've gone over the elecrical dwgs. and I thoughly believe something as far as relay logic is not satisifed because at CH-1 & CH4 terminals on the spindle drive I should be getting 10V DC and its not getting anything. So thats telling me the spindle drive is not even getting a signal, let alone sending power to the spindle motor?? Okay, what else??? Anyone?? Please!!

HOLA.
    I HAVE ALL INFORMATION FOR THIS CONTROL. WE HAVE 3 MAZAK 5 WITH FANUC 5T.
    WHEN THE MEMORY HAS THIS PROBLEM, ONLY TURN OFF THE BATTERY AND JOINT THE TWO TERMINALS ( + AND -) . WITH THIS THE MEMORIE IS ERASE.
    IN THIS LATHE, THE SPINDLE HAVE 4 GEAR POSITION AND THEY ARE CONTROL WITH GEAR SHIFT PUSH BUTOMM. WE HAVE PROBLEMS WHEN THE LIMIT SWITCH OF THIS POSITION IS WRONG. (SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH)

Select EDIT and press RESET

Select MEMORY and then press CLEAR and then ERASE, hold both these buttons down for 10 seconds and the memory will be erased. While these buttons are held down together, CLEAR must be pressed before ERASE.

Select EDIT and insert data.