586,378 active members*
2,476 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

How to question for V2XT

How can I leave the spindle running and rewind the program? I am drilling 5 holes, takes 60 seconds for total program. I need to park, leave the spindle running, change parts and go again. Or loop the program x number of times but how to have an opt stop at each part? Thanks, Paul

Hey Paul, I have run into the same problem a few times myself. I have never been able to find a really good way of doing it except for a rapid to a clear point and then a dwell command. Something like G4/10.; for a ten second dwell. The decimal point is required. The problem is that this makes for a pretty long program depending on how many repeats you want before you get to your M22 and have to start over. The other problem is the inherent danger of working on a machine with the spindle running. I built a guard that the tool rapids behind to minimize the risk of bad things happening. Hope this helps.

Dan

I don't end the program with any end statement or M command. When the program stops the spindle is still running and when I switch start program the program starts at the beginning. You could make your last statement a G0 command to move the part to a safe place to change the part.