586,154 active members*
3,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Need info on A860 pulse-coder (encoder)

Need info on A860 pulse-coder (encoder)

Al the Man helped me out before with some VERY useful Fanuc documents on the early Fanuc red cap motors/encoders and helped me to come up with an encoder converter. I just had a guy call me, he has a 2002 Fanuc control with A860-2020-T301 encoders on A06B-0078-B003 and A06B-0085-B103 motors. I don't have any documents for this series of motor/encoder, so I don't know if my commutation converter will work on it or not. Does anybody have any info on these encoders?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this!

Jon

You may be in luck, the old designation was Bx03 which if it has a 17p MS connector, is 3000p incremental, instead of 19p MS, if 19p then it is absolute.
    the x is 1 for taper shaft or 0 for straight shaft.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

What is the Fanuc cnc controller model?
    Al.

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    What is the Fanuc cnc controller model?
    Al.
    The guy who called me was rattling off a bunch of stuff, but I think he said 15T. I could have that wrong, however.

Do you have documents like those pdf scans with a long listing of motors and encoders that you have provided to a couple people before? A quick scan of those did not turn up numbers matching either the motor or encoder. Yes, the B003 and B103 ending on the motor numbers did look like they might indicate these follow the same standard. What we are trying to figure out is if the converter I made for the A06B-0315 and similar motors with the B1 B2 B4 B8 commutation signals will work with his motors.

Thanks much!

Jon

Jon, I actually took the integration course for the 15 and have all the manuals in hard copy, possibly a way to get the info is if you can confirm it is a 15T and find out the board number the encoder is plugged into and the Honda plug input to the board, e.g. Base2 board (01P24) and Honda plug CF21.
    The absolute encoder is actually the same as the differential, just that it has battery backup, the other type fitted could be a serial encoder, where the encoder is plugged into would tell.
    Al.

Albert E.

Jon, I actually took the integration course for the 15 and have all the manuals in hard copy, possibly a way to get the info is if you can confirm it is a 15T and find out the board number the encoder is plugged into and the Honda plug input to the board, e.g. Base2 board (01P24) and Honda plug CF21.
    The absolute encoder is actually the same as the differential, just that it has battery backup, the other type fitted could be a serial encoder, where the encoder is plugged into would tell.
    Al.
    I did a bunch of poking around on the GE/Fanuc site today and may have figured out a little bit on these motors. They are from Fanuc's Bis series (These B's are really the Beta character), specifically the B12/3000is and the B22/2000is. The encoders are called a B128ia, 131072 counts/rev, and it looks like they have a serial output. So, I may need to develop a new converter for these. Do you have any info on the format of the Fanuc serial encoder signals?

Thanks,

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jmelson View Post
    Do you have any info on the format of the Fanuc serial encoder signals?
    Jon
    I have the pin out only for the transmit/receive channels, but don't have anything on the format of the signal yet.
    Al.

Albert E.

J is if you can confirm it is a 15T and find out the board number the encoder is plugged into
    Al.
    OK, I totally mis-remembered what he said. The control is an OI Mate MB (is that the same as an OI-MB?)

I don't know anything about that control. I'm trying to get info on the connectors on the encoder.
    But, the guy says he can loan me a motor to try to figure out the scheme.

Jon