586,655 active members*
3,437 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > Looking for someone who can do a small CNC job for me

Looking for someone who can do a small CNC job for me

Hi,

I am not sure if I am posting here in the right forum so please forgive me if this is the wrong place for this. I was afraid to be in this position as I am still building my own little CNC machine, but I am not done with this, yet I need a few parts made. So I was wondering if there is anybody around who can help and has interest to make a few parts for me. Please PM me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails volume bracket3.jpg   chamfer.jpg  

That appears to be about a $1000 part you have designed there.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Oh crapp, are you serious ?

Dead serious.

Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Well, received a few quotes in the mean time, they are all over the map. I am not sure what some people are smoking, but this is definitely not a $1000 job.

Anyway, Thanks to all who offered reasonable quotes and help.

Cheers

How much are you looking to spend?

How much do you want to pay for a good part?

What is the approximate size? I wouldn't give any kind of a guesstimate without knowing that.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

You need to post a LOT more specs than a 3D picture (which is cute, but relatively useless).

If you want truly SERIOUS pricing/quotes, you need to provide:

1) A dimensioned drawing (or set of drawings).

2) Specify what materials (plastic or wood is one thing, aluminum another, steel something else entirely).

3) Specify what tolerances you are looking for and/or need.

4) Define the CAD system you used and what you can provide for files (CAD, the vendor will do their own CAM).

5) Ideally, provide the CAD file itself (which will allow a quick "test" of importing if the vendor desires).

Those will determine whether it is a $100 piece that can be quickly knocked out by a "hobbyist" or if it's a $5,000 piece that requires a precision machinist's attention.

Did you find someone to make your part?
    If not, look into Savage Precision Fab. Inc, out of North Texas. They definitely could take a look for you and get you a quote. I have them make specialized racing parts for me quite often.

p.s. They recently won the 2010 Small Business Sub-Contract of the year.

If you have'nt placed the job, check out Quickparts.com. I have used them several times. They have on-line quoting for plastic parts. Many options

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by WLee View Post
    You need to post a LOT more specs than a 3D picture (which is cute, but relatively useless).

If you want truly SERIOUS pricing/quotes, you need to provide:

1) A dimensioned drawing (or set of drawings).

2) Specify what materials (plastic or wood is one thing, aluminum another, steel something else entirely).

3) Specify what tolerances you are looking for and/or need.

4) Define the CAD system you used and what you can provide for files (CAD, the vendor will do their own CAM).

5) Ideally, provide the CAD file itself (which will allow a quick "test" of importing if the vendor desires).

Those will determine whether it is a $100 piece that can be quickly knocked out by a "hobbyist" or if it's a $5,000 piece that requires a precision machinist's attention.
    Yes, with the information already given, I'd say this part is somewhere between $50 and $500000.........

Thanks everyone for offering service to help me out. I had the parts made and I am extremely pleased with the final cost and accuracy they turned out. I will keep all offers and suggestions in mind for future machining needs.

Many Thanks to all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC02838.JPG   _DSC02904.JPG  

Just out of curiosity, how much did it cost you? Also, what material did they use? The final product looks very nice

Well, I needed two parts and I ended up getting 4 parts so it would be worth while the setup. A single part cost me about $75 shipped ! The parts were made from 7075 Aluminum which I had blasted with aluminum oxide to give the random rough finish.

I am very pleased with the parts, the people that made them did a fine job. In particular I was very impressed with the ball bearing seat they had machined, perfect fit.

It looks very nice indeed. I like the finish you got on it.. Great price too!

IF YOU NEED LINEAR MOTION PRODUCTS SUCH AS BALLSCREW,I CAN OFFER IT,AHA~GOOD LUCK