587,195 active members*
2,942 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach3 + KFlop/KStep weird Y axis emergency mode problem.

Exclamation Mach3 + KFlop/KStep weird Y axis emergency mode problem.

OK, so I'm trying to integrate Mach 3 + KFlop + Kstep into my first mill build (BF20 Vario L) and so far I am able to jog and run Gcode in KMotionCNC, however I'm encountering a problem when i try the same in Mach3. At first, everything seemed to run fine but after i tuned the motors in Mach3 to the desired parameters, moving the Y axis keeps kicking me into emergency mode.

The X and Z axis jog fine but when i jog the Y axis, it get's up to speed, runs at max speed for 1-2 sec and then it stops when the "emergency mode" activates it self.

It isn't a mechanical obstruction because the motors are still on my desk and not attached to anything.
    It isn't a defective motor/cable because i swapped the X and Y motor and the problem still occurs on the Y axis on the swapped motor.
    It isn't a power problem because the power supply is at 42V 18A, and the motors are 3A each.
    It isn't a max speed/acceleration problem because I'm running the motors at modest parameters.

It doesn't matter if all motors are running or the Y axis alone, the problem occurs the same.
    No limit switches or E-stop buttons have been attached to the system or configured yet.
    The problem does not occur in KMotionCNC.

Any ideas?!?!?!?!

Re: Mach3 + KFlop/KStep weird Y axis emergency mode problem.

Hi Benc1985,

A common problem problem is to have Mach3 configured to monitor some IO Pin as an EStop. If for example the IO pin is a step pulse pin there is a small statistical probability of sampling the pin active. After thousands of steps it may catch the IO pin active. You stated that you do not have EStop configured. But that is not possible. Mach3 will not allow you to disable it. Verify it is set to something unused like a port 0 pin.

HTH
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com

Yup. I didn't touch the ports/pins settings but the EStop was configured to pin 10 by default. Set it to 0 and it fixed the problem. Such is the life of a noob

Much thanks for the help!!

Yes IO10 is your Y axis Step Pin.

Good luck
    Regards
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com