587,480 active members*
3,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Old - Allen Bradley MG9 Series - Help

Please I need help with converting / nesting ACAD drawings to G-Code for an older Allen Bradley MG9 Series Oxy/Plasma 2 axis machine.

I have tried BobCad, MasterCamX, Predator CNC and just about everything else I can find searching with Google. None of these programs show that type of machine or anywhere close to the G-Code this machine requires.

I have been able to transfer straight line shapes into G-Code, from what I have learned from the code and watching how the machine reacts to other programs and their code.

But I can not get a rectangle to radius the corners. I have tried several ways to change the I and J coordinates with no luck.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

First join the SheetCAM group on yahoo. Then contact Les (the author) about a special Post for SheetCAM to run your machine. Sheetcam will import DXF files from ACad and HPGL files from several other packages. It has plasma features like Smart Lead-in's, programmable pierec and end of cut delays, different pierce and cut heights and other plasma friendly features. The posts are open and easy to change and LEs has been know to write customsones in a few days.