587,748 active members*
2,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

New All In One Enclosure

I am back in town for a couple of days and have been working on a new enclosure we will be using in some jobs we are doing.

It is an enclosure that will hold a computer along with power supplies and controls.

you can access the controls without undoing the computer, the front that holds the LCD monitor and keyboard hinges away from the back.

the front closes to protect the screen and other componets.

It will hold the complete system in one 18x18 box.

Any thing needed for CNC you can think of.

Some pictures of the prototype

mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plasma 050.jpg   plasma 052.jpg   plasma 048.jpg  

Whew....Mike! Hope you don't intend on putting any power components in the same enclosure. Putting the PC in the same box as the power components is begging for noise problems. Just ask Darren L on my list! We fought problems with his system and plasma unit for weeks and he had his PC installed inside a steel box with the motor drives and stuff. For an industro case for a PC and monitor that protects those components then It's a great idea especially if you can get design it so it has filtered air and positive air pressure to keep grunge out of the PC innards!

Torchhead

We have a couple of ways we can take care of interference problems.

I am even going to make a spot for for the THC 1000. I think it will fit right below the monitor. The first boxes are just to house some DDC monitoring
    equipment.

I will keep you posted on how it turns out.
    mike

Hey Mike!
    Where the heck you been!!!!! Nice box (again). Don't forget to analyze air flows for the heat sensitive components. Darnd drives like heat!! And if too much accumulates, electronic components release the magic smoke that makes them work!!! (Heard that somewhere and thougt it was kind of a neat saying!!!)
    Take care and don't work too hard. All work and no play, well, you know!
    Bill
    :cheers:
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Talking Enclosures

The company I work for makes these kind of enclosures all the time and many other solutions for electrical and computer equipment.

Rittal Corporation http://www.rittal.com/

Independent CNC
    Home Page: http://www.ctcn.net/~3kings

“Eagles may soar but weasels don’t get sucked up in jet engines”

Bill
    work is almost done then it will be time for playing for a few months.
    I made a cut out on the bottom of the cabinet that gets an aluminum insert for the fan and cords. It stays with the back panel when the cabinet is open.

are you all healed up
    mike