587,699 active members*
3,626 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > editing posts to suit our machines

Hybrid View

editing posts to suit our machines

Hello all,
    I am new to using cad/cam for editing programs for lathes. I've been looking for information on how to edit posts to suit our machines. I've seen reference to this, that's it's relatively easy to do. This is something I'd like to learn. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks.

CAD/CAM? Any particular CAD/CAM? Give us a hint... maybe we can help.

Master Cam is what I'm trying to learn.

I've "tweaked" a few MasterCAM posts to help our customers, but I'm no expert. If it was Esprit, or SmartCAM, I could offer some help. Sorry. Maybe someone else out there can steer to documentation on editing MCAM posts.

go to file - edit - pst-mplfan and edit ... and you must edit a copy file to test first .

I appreciate the answers, but I'm not looking for a program to edit a post so much as a book or website that will tell me what I'm seeing and what changes need to be made.

To those who tried to help, thanks, I did find my own answer.

Can you share with us your own answer?

Mastercam posts have a lot of switchs that you can turn on and off.
    That said make shure that your tweeking a copy of the stock post not the original. If that dosen't do it for you talk to your software folks they will know how to get you what you want.
    Be carefull what you wish for, you might get it.

As JROM indicated, there are switiches to be turned on and off, and changed in other ways. The problem we were having on an older Hurco machine was that it wouldn't cut circles. I changed the switch in the post to cut all radii and circles into quadrants. That corrected the issue.