587,518 active members*
2,955 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Cut2D

Cut2D

Just want to know if anyone has tried out Cut2D.
    Deeds not words...
    VoltsAndBolts runs RC for the builder. http://www.voltsandboltsonline.com/ My Forum

Cut2D... Yes I have tried it, and I like it a lot. It is very user friendly, they have added an interactive tabs feature now that makes tabbing your parts into a blank very easy, and the tabs can be repositioned by draggin and dropping them where you want them.
    The tabs length and width can also be designated so you do not have to use the full material thickness for the tab thickness. The vector tools are great and the preview works very good for visualizing the work before hand and the preview can be saved also.
    I think for 2D work the price of this software is very reasonable, just keep in mind this is the CAM side only so you need to have a CAD program for drawing. Cut2D imports the .dxf files and has some node editing capabilities but is very limited as far as drawing parts and I think it will create some basic shapes only. Heck the description on the Vectric site is very accurate and is in more detail, so if you haven't already you might want to check it out. If you have questions in particular let me know. I have some pictures of parts I made with Cut2D at the Vectric site and another post in this forum.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

Thanks for the info. What post are your parts in? I use AutoCAD and SolidWorks. so drawing up a part is not problem. What I'm looking for is a good low cost program for generating the G-code. That's why I was looking at Cut2D.
    Deeds not words...
    VoltsAndBolts runs RC for the builder. http://www.voltsandboltsonline.com/ My Forum

Hi,
    I use the Mach3 post processor and my SyilAmerica SX3 mill. I also use AutoCAD and I have Dolphin Partmaster Level 3 which has CAD and CAM. The Cut2D program is very effecient and also seems to post the toolpaths very quickly. The vector tools are handy for joining vectors etc also. Have you tried the demo, it may help you decide if it is what you need?
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes