587,691 active members*
3,656 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Setting M198 Folder Through Program OR Parameter

Smile Setting M198 Folder Through Program OR Parameter

Hi,

I have a machine with Fanuc 0iMD controller and data server option. Setting the M198 folder is a manul operation through soft keys. Does anyone know of a method by which the M198 folder can be set through a NC program OR by modifying the relevant machine parameter through NC program ?

thanks

M198 calls a sub stored on an external device such as PCMCIA card. What do you mean by M198 folder?
    Parameters can be modified through G10 in a program.

You are right (that M198 is program call from external device).

In my case i use a data server from which i call the programs using M198. I can have multiple folders on the Data server but the folder for M198 call (as in the folder from where the program gets picked up after a M198 call) has to be set by pressing a softkey in the data server screen after placing the cursor on the desired folder.

I was looking whether this process of pressing the softkey and activating the M198 folder can be done through a program.

I have no experience in this. But, once you select a folder, it might automatically become the default folder for future applications???

Yes, once selected it becomes a default folder for future operations but i need to change this folder every time there is a component change on the machine as i intend to keep the programs in a folder which has a component name / code. This is to avoid errors which can happen by running a program with the same number but meant for different component. Since I' am wanting to automate this process of selecting the M198 folder by doing it through program and not manually punching the button, I' am on the lookout for a solution.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same problem.

Re: Setting M198 Folder Through Program OR Parameter

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same problem.