587,807 active members*
3,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Geesh, LMS wants a lot to ship to me :(, may as well get a G0704.

Geesh, LMS wants a lot to ship to me :(, may as well get a G0704.

After shipping, the LMS would cost ~$900 to my doorstep, $40 less for me to go pick it up from the hub.

G0704 is ~$1100 shipped. It is OOS, but I'm not in a huge hurry.

I've been going back and forth between the HF X2 ($~475 shipped, also OOS) and the LMS, the upgrades on the LMS and better build quality had me leaning towards it.

So now I'm deciding between the mods required X2, or the larger, more expensive to CNC G0704 (it would suit my needs for years to come though).

Just a note, the G0704 (BF20) is the biggest mill I know of that I can have. It will be going in an upstairs bedroom. No used bridgeports for me.

If you can swing it in money and space, take the BF20/g0704. You just can not over-state the addtional room for vices, setups, etc. I have both and jobs that are a bit of puzzle to setup on the X2 are easy as pie on the PM-25. Also if you are turning handles it is much more simple to move around in 0.1" revolutions rather than 0.0625".

The other thing is you don't have to work nearly so slow on the bigger machine. The Grizzly price is darn hard to beat and I'd have real reservations in paying $900 for an X2.
    CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

With fuel going up don't expect other places shipping to stay the same. It's going to go up all over the board.
    Jeremiah
    PM45 CNC Build in Progress

I can agree with that, but for the time being HF only wants ~$50 for shipping and grizzly want $100. Both beat $200+ handily.

I actually sent an email to LMS letting them know that end up buying from HF because they could ship my x2 for $28 (instead of $200)...

I told them, I don't know how HF can do it... but you guys should figure out!!

Not to mention HF was offering the $200 discount! $428 vs $900

LMS and HF where both shipping from the same area (coast to coast) btw

No response so far

Quote Originally Posted by error404 View Post
    I actually sent an email to LMS letting them know that end up buying from HF because they could ship my x2 for $28 (instead of $200)...

I told them, I don't know how HF can do it... but you guys should figure out!!

Not to mention HF was offering the $200 discount! $428 vs $900

LMS and HF where both shipping from the same area (coast to coast) bw

No response so far
    HF isn't shipping these from China? I didn't know they had mills in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
    HF isn't shipping these from China? I didn't know they had mills in the states.
    I placed my order from HF website on 04/12/11, by 04/14 I got an email saying:
    Your Harbor Freight Order Has Been Shipped
    with a Fedex tracking number

When I check the tracking number, the shipment came from
    "FEDEX SMARTPOST LOS ANGELES, CA"
    and arrived to my house on 04/20 (East Coast)

Same issue I had with LMS, shipping was a killer! All said and done I probably should have went with a larger mill anyway.