587,466 active members*
3,159 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SLO-SYN motor wiring info

:drowning: found a good deal on motors , well maybe , they are surplus motors i emailed the people asking them a few questions and this is the reply i got:

9VDC SLO-SYN DRIVING MOTOR 225-OZ-IN 1.53A Mfg Part#: SS250-1002
    There are 200s/rev and when I measure from blue to all wires I get no
    continuity.When I measure from brown, red, orange, or yellow between
    any of
    these colors I get 8.8 ohms but when I measure to the last wire which
    is
    green I get 4.4 ohms to any of the above colors except blue.Would you
    let me
    know if this is unipolar or bipolar.

i don t know a lot about steppers but slowly im getting it , i am assuming that if they are 6 wire they will be unipolar , i need to upgrade my motors for my fet3 and at 20 bucks a pop for 225 oz motors loosks like a good deal , maybe
    does anyone know what he is talking about :drowning:

From the resistance measurements, they would be unipolar motors. The green is the common wire, and brown, red, orange, and yellow would be the phase wires. This is what would commonly be called a 5-wire stepper. Probably the extra wire is connected to the metal frame of the motor. A lot of times when the motor was originally attached to a plastic mechanism and not to a metal structure, it would have a wire attached to the metal frame of the stepper for shielding.

Slo-syn is made by Superior Electric on Connecticut. Have you tried their web site. I found it very informative.

http://www.electrosales.com/warner/slosyn/

I just inherited one of the MO91 series 6 wire bipolars. I was told as a rule 4 wire motors are bipolar, 5 wire motors are unipolar and 6 or 8 wire motors can be wired either way.

Steven

thanks guys

got the info from superior electric those motors are ancient , thes guys sell the motors electronicsurplus.com at 20 bucks ,but i got a good deal on ebay for some vextas , but they may be good for someone looking for cheap motors , attached is the info , over 40 year old motors and they still have some info , talk about class