587,541 active members*
7,583 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

X4 updates????

Anyone know when Mastercam is going to put out an update for X4 to fix the bugs? The fact that we have to wait as long as we do is ....... oh nevermind, I keep forgetting who I am dealing with. The non-supportive team from Mastercam.

I was told by our dealer that they were planning on it being out this week.:banana:

We are in the final stages of MU1 release so I am figuring the end of this month at the lateset
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    We are in the final stages of MU1 release so I am figuring the end of this month at the lateset
    You guys gonna fix that blue button bug that stumped me in the facing cut depth department?

(if not you owe me a 6-pack! )

Well Mike I will let you tell me if I owe six pack tommorow evening when it is released and you test it.. ;-)
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

MU1 and Verify

Well, It's here! The update for X4 is here! I installed it yesterday. Today, I run verify, and the graphic lighting is messed up. Anyone else with this issue? I did a system restore and graphic colors in verify are back. I re-installed MU1 and installed the "verify-fix" file. It has helped but it is still too dark. I have had it up to here with Mastercam. We have been waiting 3 months for a 3+2 post. Our re-seller has given up on Mastercam, I believe. Maybe it is time to move on to the more powerful CAM programs out there, where the support can't be any worse than this.

Quote Originally Posted by WingNutz View Post
    Well, It's here! The update for X4 is here! I installed it yesterday. Today, I run verify, and the graphic lighting is messed up. Anyone else with this issue? I did a system restore and graphic colors in verify are back. I re-installed MU1 and installed the "verify-fix" file. It has helped but it is still too dark. I have had it up to here with Mastercam. We have been waiting 3 months for a 3+2 post. Our re-seller has given up on Mastercam, I believe. Maybe it is time to move on to the more powerful CAM programs out there, where the support can't be any worse than this.
    Try http://www.mastercamforum.com/index.php . Mike and John may be able to help. Mike has been working through this same problem.

The fix is on the Mastercam website under MU1 update.
    this has not happened to all computers just one with inferior graphics.
    I had one here at the office have the issue but 6 others no issues.

But they had high end Quadro video cards.
    Wingnutz what state are you in?
    Cadcam

Cadcam,

I am in Tennessee. Our reseller was in Kentucky but after we complained about the support, we were directed to a reseller here in TN. Now the one here in TN seems to be losing interest in Mastercam or something because a week or more will go by before we get replies from emails or we dont get a reply at all. Or maybe he is just tired of dealing with me. :nono: I have not given him reason to write me off. A year ago we were interested in a 3+2 post, but we thought the $3000 pricetag was a little steep so nothing was done about it. Now that we changed our requirements for the post, ie: the +2 is only for positioning, not full 5 axis machining, the price is more reasonable, only it seems to be taking a long time to get the post. UPDATE: As I am writing this, I got word that our reseller is coming by with the post to install it personally. % crossing fingers